Executive Director - Americans for a Clean Energy Grid (ACEG)
Americans for a Clean Energy Grid (ACEG) is a non-profit, broad-based, public interest advocacy coalition focused on the need to expand, integrate, and modernize the North American high-voltage grid.
ACEG’s mission is to educate stakeholders and the public to support policies and regulations favoring the expansion, modernization, and integration of the high-voltage electric transmission grid in order to achieve a clean energy economy—one that attains the scientifically-validated global objective of reducing greenhouse gas emissions by 80%.
Americans for a Clean Energy Grid (ACEG) seeks a dynamic leader, coalition builder, and communicator with experience in energy policy to serve as the full-time Executive Director. Because the coalition brings together diverse support from business, labor, environmental groups, and other transmission supporters, it will be essential to identify candidates who will work with a diverse array of stakeholders to advance the mission. Key qualifications include:
- A leader with the ability to build coalitions and who is a champion and promoter of transmission.
- Expertise in key issues regarding the electric grid, transmission, energy markets, and policy.
- 10+ years of professional experience in the following: policy advocacy, coalition building, clean energy, related trade associations, regulatory and/or legislative action, non-profit management, and/or communications.
- Bachelor’s degree, with a preference for candidates with a post-graduate degree.
- Strong preference for Washington, D.C. If working remotely, frequent travel to DC for speaking events, stakeholder meetings, and government hearings is required.
- Capacity to speak to both sides of the political aisle and fearlessness in communicating to stakeholders who differ in opinion.
By 2035, ACEG envisions a grid bringing to reality the potential revealed in the National Renewable Energy Laboratory’s Interconnections Seam Study. Such a macrogrid would save consumers more than $47 billion and return more than $2.50 for every dollar invested, according to the study. It would create a cleaner, more efficient, and more resilient high-voltage system for all Americans.
To apply, please visit https://driconsulting.com/position/aceg-ed.
Consultant: Doug Trout – 703-718-4761 firstname.lastname@example.org