Executive Director - RENEW WIsconsin
RENEW Wisconsin (RENEW) is seeking an experienced and enthusiastic candidate to serve as the Executive Director. RENEW is a non-profit organization that promotes renewable energy in Wisconsin, working on policies and programs that expand solar power, wind power, biogas, local hydropower, geothermal energy and electric vehicles. Much of RENEW’s work involves engaging the state’s electric providers, either in collaborative venues or in formal proceedings before the Public Service Commission of Wisconsin.
The Executive Director is the leader of the organization and is responsible for the overall success in meeting RENEW’s mission and in planning for the organization’s continuous improvement. The Executive Director takes overall direction from the Board of Directors and works with a broad range of members, foundations, policy makers and utilities to ensure the continued expansion of the renewable energy market in Wisconsin. The Executive Director provides direction to 7 full-time staff and interns, a $900,000 per year budget, and independently plans and executes the day to day activities of the organization.
• Demonstrated knowledge of and commitment to the renewable energy industry.
• 3+ years of executive leadership experience.
• Experience in public policy and advocacy.
• Experience with administrative functions, budgets, fundraising, staff development, membership building techniques, and related skills.
• Experience with office management, including strong organization, management and leadership.
• Exceptional public speaking and communication skills.
• Demonstrated abilities in management, strategic planning, budgeting, and grant writing
• Self-motivated, flexible and creative with strong interpersonal skills
• Ability to multi-task and prioritize work requirements; ability to manage competing priorities while maintaining a long-term vision
• Manage staff, propose team goals and objectives and drive programs.
• Work cooperatively with other like-minded organizations and consultants to promote RENEW’s mission.
• Advocate aggressive renewable energy policy at the national, state, and local level
• Provide appropriate, adequate, and timely information to the staff and Board of Directors regarding programs and proposals.
• Plan and run quarterly board meetings.
• Develop budgets, lead fundraising, membership recruitment and major grant applications to ensure long-term financial health of the organization.
Required Education and Experience
• At least 5 years of professional experience with a demonstrated record of excellence.
Relocation expense reimbursement will be considered if needed. Salary commensurate with experience.
Please submit a cover letter and resume by June 30th to HR@renewwisconsin.org and please include the subject line “RENEW Wisconsin Executive Director”.
Depending on the situation with COVID-19 at the time, we may hold interviews via video conference. We will do all we can to accommodate technology needs. Thank you for your flexibility.
RENEW Wisconsin is committed to diversity, equity and inclusion in our work and in our hiring practices. We value a team with different perspectives, educational backgrounds, and life experiences, and we prioritize diversity within our team. We encourage people from underrepresented backgrounds to apply.