Land Acquisition – Sales Associate
Position: Land Acquisition – Sales Associate
About YSG Solar Development Company
YSG Solar Development Company is a project development special purpose company. The firm is responsible for commoditizing energy infrastructure projects. YSG works with long-term owners and operators to provide clean energy assets with stable, predictable cash flows. YSG’s core principles are transparency, collaboration, and innovation. The firm’s belief in accountability and true honesty has been our competitive advantage since 2010.
YSG’s vision is to rebuild the energy infrastructure of the future, building a sophisticated smart network of decentralized and centralized solar generation and energy storage facilities. Building an energy market with proper signals and communication that decreases redundancies and increasing efficiency.
The Land Acquisition – Sales Associate, will be responsible for identifying Utility Scale Solar and Distributed Generation development projects in select markets. This will include crafting a market strategy, identifying suitable sites, site screening\diligence, land acquisition, contract negotiations with landowners, easements, and title curation. The candidate will perform site screening based on grid capacity, site constraints, identify and evaluate key development opportunities, identify landowner contact information, structuring and negotiation of commercial transactions (Option to Lease, Option to Purchase, Easement Agreement, Crossing Agreement). The Land Acquisition Sales Associate will be responsible for acquiring parcels from 10 Acres to 1,000 Acres
- Market Research: Issuing + presenting internal market research reports related to land development opportunities.
- Land Lead List Building: Identify land opportunities, obtain landowners information and other contact details.
- Evaluations: Evaluate sites and perform early stage diligence.
- Cold Calling & Sales: Cold call landowners, overcome objections, the sales cycle begins with No. The associate should be able to turn a No into a Yes.
- CRM Management: All calls, SMS, emails and updates should only be completed within the CRM. Organize opportunities, leads and other assets within the CRM.
- Contract Signing: negotiate site control documents such as land lease options, land purchase options and easement agreements with landowners.
- Tracking: Maintain a log of all due diligence payments processed to the property owner and verify all legal documents are maintained within YSG’s depository.
- Market research: present internal market research presentations and reports to the acquisition team, GIS team and development team. This is conducted twice a month. The candidate is responsible for devising strategies to uncover unique opportunities.
- Outreach: # Outbound Calls/Day, # Inbound Calls/Day, #SMS # Email Per Day
- Dispositions: Contracts Under Review, Prospecting Etc..
- # of Land Acquisition Contracts Executed Per Month
Must maintain a minimum volume of KPI’s each month, KPIs will be constantly adjusted to challenge yourself professionally and personally
- Strategic planning experience
- Results-driven approach
- Energy related industry is a plus
- Experience reviewing and negotiating legal contracts
- Strong independent problem-solving skills
- Public speaking in front of groups
- Experience with ArcGIS
- Must maintain a minimum typing speed of 60 WPM
- Persistence: Capable of dealing with constant rejection, and the ability to overcome sales objections
- Organization: Be well organized and have the self-discipline to follow a strict sale follow up strategy
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, capable of building rapport with landowners and long-term relationships.
- Coordinate efforts and communicate with landowners, surveyors, utilities, title companies, and other key project stakeholders.
- Participate in peer performance reviews and team working groups.
Compensation Structure: Competitive Salary + Commission + Other Benefits
YSG is only seeking high performance individuals to join our team. Team members looking for personal and professional growth are ideal candidates. The work environment is collaborative, fast pace, fun, exciting with an emphasize on risk taking, innovation and ruthless transparency. YSG’s corporate mission is to support the conversion of a 100% clean renewable electrical grid within the United States.