Americans for a Clean Energy Grid (ACEG) is a non-profit, broad-based, public interest advocacy coalition focused on the need to expand, integrate, and modernize the North American high-capacity grid.
ACEG brings together diverse support for an expanded and modernized grid from business, labor, consumer, and environmental groups, and other transmission supporters to educate policymakers and key opinion leaders to support policy which recognizes the benefits of a robust transmission grid. ACEG is a 501(c)(3) organization with a 501(c)(4) affiliate.
ACEG seeks a Legislative Director to serve as the organization’s legislative lead. The Legislative Director will be focused on leading the development of legislative priorities of ACEG and monitoring and reporting on legislation to key stakeholders including the diverse internal stakeholder group within ACEG. Key responsibilities include:
- Advocate for ACEG’s policy positions to the Executive and Congressional Branch policymakers. Respond to questions from Congress, FERC, and other federal agencies about ACEG’s issues. Reach out to key offices to make sure they understand the challenges.
- Develop, plan, and execute government relations activities to promote and influence legislation, rules, and actions favorable to the mission of ACEG and its stakeholders.
- Establish and maintain relationships with members of Congress and their staff; present ACEG positions and priorities to inform and persuade Congress, stakeholder coalitions, and allied organizations.
The Legislative Director will prepare positions and assessments while communicating key policy objectives to the ACEG Executive Director as well as interested external groups both on and off Capitol Hill. Reporting to the Executive Director, the Legislative Director will be a proactive and inspired team player who can advance legislative opportunities that support ACEG’s goal to expand, integrate, and modernize the North American high-capacity grid. Key qualifications include:
- 3-5 years of experience in key issues regarding the electric grid, transmission, and energy markets, including experience lobbying and analyzing policy.
- Relevant Congressional and/or Committee experience on Capitol Hill.
- Bachelor’s degree or advanced degree in business, government, public affairs, or related field.
- Priority will be given to candidates with experience in transmission, planning, development, and federal or state electricity policy.
DRiWaterstone is leading the search for Americans for a Clean Energy Grid. For more information, go to https://waterstonehc.com/driwaterstonehc/position/aceg-legislative-director/