Manager of Clean Energy Customer Programs
Who We Are
Do you want to join a team that values Service, Collaboration and Excellence?
Do you want to work with an organization that is committed to serving its customers and community by providing clean, reliable, and affordable energy to Long Island and the Rockaways?
Is being part of a value-driven organization important to you?
If yes, please check us out!
We are a team of motivated, engaged and exceptionally talented self-starters, willing to roll up our sleeves and do what is necessary to get the job done. If you are interested in joining this dynamic team and have a passion to learn, develop and want your experience to make an immediate impact, please apply.
What We Offer
We offer an environment of continuous development and growth. LIPA offers a thriving company culture, exceptional colleagues, and great benefits. Our benefit package includes:
- Hybrid work and flexible hours
- Medical insurance
- Dental and vision insurance at no cost to employee
- Paid holidays and generous leave time
- Professional development opportunities
- Educational assistance opportunities
- Multiple retirement plan options with company contribution
- Short-term and long-term disability coverage
- Flexible spending account
- Life Insurance
- 529 College Savings Program
- $300 Wellness Reimbursement
What We Need
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Business, Engineering, Math, Economics, or Science required
- A minimum of 5-7 years of experience designing or managing electrification, energy efficiency, or distributed energy resource customer programs at utilities or industry partners
- Experience analyzing these programs to determine cost-effectiveness, setting performance standards and objectives
- Excellent written and communications skills
- A passion for public service and mission-driven work
- Experience setting and managing within program budgets, preferred
What You’ll Do At LIPA
The Manager of Clean Energy Customer Programs is responsible for fulfilling LIPA’s mission of enabling clean, reliable, and affordable electric service for our customers by overseeing the development and implementation of Utility 2.0, beneficial electrification, and energy efficiency plans, budgets, and related initiatives.
The Manager of Clean Energy Programs will assist LIPA in its commitment to transforming its power grid to meet New York’s landmark climate goals and deliver 100% carbon-free electricity by 2040 by overseeing the development and implementation of innovative customer programs that support this clean energy transformation, enable the optimal integration of distributed energy resources into the grid, and advance climate justice by ensuring all customers have access to the benefits of these programs.
Essential Job Functions include:
- Overseeing the development and implementation by the Service Provider of new Utility 2.0 and energy efficiency plans, budgets, and initiatives, including:
- Ensuring that proposed plans align with LIPA’s strategic objectives and policy goals.
- Assessing and making recommendations to LIPA executives regarding approval, modification, or rejection of each initiative, including reviewing the service provider’s analyses supporting each program or initiative, with the assistance of other LIPA SMEs or consultants.
- Coordinating LIPA’s review of each annual Utility 2.0 filing in collaboration with the NYS DPS.
- Reviewing public and stakeholder comments and coordinating responses.
- Monitoring and reporting on implementation and budget status and proactively resolving issues.
- Monitoring and reporting on industry best practices and regulatory developments related to energy efficiency, Utility 2.0, and other clean energy customer programs, and maintaining relationships with related organizations.
- Advising LIPA regulatory and policy advocacy teams as the subject matter expert in energy efficiency and clean energy customer programs.
Salary Range: $110,000 - $140,000
LIPA is an equal opportunity employer.
Applying: Interested parties should submit their resume to Barbara Ann Dillon, Director of Human Resources and Administration, at 2022ManagerofCleanEnergy@lipower.org