Manager of Power Supply Operations
Do you want to join a team that values Service, Collaboration and Excellence?
Do you want to work with an organization that is committed to serving its customers and community by providing clean, reliable, and affordable energy to Long Island and the Rockaways?
Is being part of a value-driven organization important to you?
If yes, please check us out!
We are a team of motivated, engaged and exceptionally talented self-starters, willing to roll up our sleeves and do what is necessary to get the job done. If you are interested in joining this dynamic team and have a passion to learn, develop and want your experience to make an immediate impact, please apply.
What We Offer
We offer an environment of continuous development and growth. LIPA offers a thriving company culture, exceptional colleagues, and great benefits. Our benefit package includes:
- Hybrid work and flexible hours
- Medical insurance
- Dental and vision insurance at no cost to employee
- Paid holidays and generous leave time
- Professional development opportunities
- Educational assistance opportunities
- Multiple retirement plan options with company contribution
- Short-term and long-term disability coverage
- Flexible spending account
- Life Insurance
- 529 College Savings Program
- $300 Wellness Reimbursement
What We Need
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field, and a minimum of 10 years electric utility experience with a minimum of 5 years of experience in ISO markets. Such experience should include commodity markets (direct engagement in the buying and selling of power and fuel) and power supply risk management (establishing hedging criteria and engaging in hedging transactions)
- Basic knowledge of computer programs including Microsoft Word and Excel
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing
- Detail-oriented with excellent organization and time management skills
- Possess excellent judgment and critical thinking skills
- Exhibits high ethical standards, expert judgement, business acumen and analytical ability
- Ability to implement and evaluate strategies
What You’ll Do At LIPA
The Manager of Power Supply Operations is responsible for fulfilling LIPA’s mission of enabling clean, reliable, and affordable electric service for our customers by directing and monitoring the services provided under LIPA’s Power Supply Management (PSM) and Fuel Management (FM) agreements, that provide front, middle, and back-office operations for LIPA’s power and fuel supply portfolio. The Manager carries out LIPA’s decision-making and policy-making authority over all such transactions that are implemented by the PSM and FM service provider, to achieve least cost, risk adjusted power and fuel operations, and monitors the performance of the PSM and FM service provider (s), both directly and through direction of the PSM Middle Office (PSMMO), with respect to the performance metrics in the agreements. The Manager of Power Supply Operations assists other members of the Power Supply department within their areas of expertise, including monitoring and overseeing correction of operational issues with power supply resources.
Other Essential Job Functions include:
- Managing and monitoring the day-to-day activities of the Power Supply Management (PSM) service provider, which include management of the power portfolio to provide reliable and affordable power, scheduling power supply resources, submitting bids in wholesale markets, and conducting financial settlements.
- Managing and monitoring the day-to-day activities of the Fuel Supply Management (FM) service provider, which include management of the fuel portfolio, scheduling deliveries of fuel to reliably meet generation requirements at least cost and conducting financial settlements.
- Negotiating performance objectives for the PSM and FM service providers and monitoring their daily, monthly and annual performance with the assistance of the Power Supply Management Middle Office (PSMMO) service provider and identify and addressing performance issues.
- Assessing the financial hedging strategies prepared by the PSM Middle Office and its hedge advisor and recommending that LIPA adopt or modify such strategies.
- Reviewing new counterparty credit evaluations prepared by PSEG Credit Management; reviewing and approving daily posting of collateral requested by LIPA’s clearing broker.
- Overseeing compliance with LIPA’s commodity hedge policies.
- Establishing adequacy criteria for fuel supplies and assuring proper documentation of all PSM and FM procedures is maintained and updated as needed.
- Identifying operational issues related to generators and transmission cables under contract to LIPA and overseeing remedial actions by LIPA’s operations service provider.
- Within the Manager’s areas of expertise, assisting the Power Supply department in monitoring and evaluating power contract administration, wholesale market activities, resource planning studies and resource procurements conducted by LIPA’s operations services service provider.
- Performing other duties as needed.
Salary Range: $150,000 - $175,000
LIPA is an equal opportunity employer.
Applying: Interested parties should submit their cover letter and resume to Barbara Ann Dillon, Director of Human Resources and Administration, at 2022ManagerofPowerSupply@lipower.org