Dimension Renewable Energy is a nationally leading developer, owner, and operator of community solar projects. Dimension brings together an experienced team, leading energy investors, and a strong capital position to navigate complex markets and deliver long term value to all project stakeholders. Together, with over 2,000 MWs of pipeline under development, we are building a leading distributed generation IPP platform, and bringing solar access to all.
Summary of Functions
The Market Manager will be a critical part of the Dimension Origination Team. Reporting directly to the VP of Origination, the Market Manager will step in once projects have reached Notice to Proceed to oversee late-stage project development through construction completion. You will be responsible for driving revenue growth through acquisition of subscription offtake from residential, commercial, and industrial customers. Working alongside experienced members of the Origination Team, you will also accelerate engagement of low-income communities and expand access to renewable energy.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- - Responsibility for the performance of project subscription partners and the acquisition of subscription contracts. Management of this scope will include:
- - Implementation of all processes, protocols, and guidelines with subscription partners to ensure customers are efficiently acquired and managed;
- - Ongoing management and decision-making responsibility in relation to customer marketing and enrollment strategies;
- - Contract management including review, validation, and approvals of all payments to subscription partners in accordance with terms agreed in the applicable contract;
- - Ensuring that all customers being acquired are validated as meeting applicable program requirements;
- - Incorporation of recommended strategies developed by the Director of Community Engagement; and
- - Leading and managing a regular update call for each relevant market.
- - Management of Dimension’s sourcing of subscription partners in new markets. This will include supporting and driving the following processes:
- - Working with the VP of Origination to develop subscriber acquisition strategies in new markets, in collaboration - with Business Development and Policy teams;
- - RFQ/RFP preparation, distribution, and evaluation of subscription partners in new markets;
- - Supporting VP of Origination in commercial and contract negotiation; and
- - Working to integrate various marketing and enrollment partners (non-profits, municipalities, etc.) with the lead subscription partner.
- - Managing transition of projects from Origination/Development to Finance/Construction. This will include the following activities:
- - Leading market management calls;
- - Support financing due-diligence requests and providing updates in relation to the achievement of subscription-related milestones;
- - Provide feedback to construction, project finance, and legal about the achievement of various development and program milestones as well as key development dates.
- - Other Origination activities such as:
- - Support in the preparation of proposals for submittal to state community solar programs
We are looking for highly motivated individuals who want to be part of a fast-paced and fluid company poised for growth in one of the country’s most rapidly changing industries. This role requires forward-thinking, innovative approaches and comfort with complexity and uncertainty. We are looking for individuals eager to move quickly with us.
- - 2-5 years of experience in renewable energy, finance, real estate, or similarly relevant field
- - Contract management experience, including an understanding of how to manage partners to achieve optimal results for the company
- - Project management experience with diligent organization and time management abilities
- - Self-motivated with the ability to manage diverse relationships and multiple, complex projects simultaneously
- - Excellent communication skills in both oral and written English
- - Quantitative capability and hunger to learn.
- - Ability to effectively operate with high energy and flexibility in a fast-paced, constantly evolving team environment
- - Creativity and critical thinking skills to tackle a variety of challenges from the industry level to client specific
- - Excel, Word and PowerPoint skills - Solar or renewable energy industry experience a plus
- - Desire to work in a growing company in the renewable energy field
- - Bachelor's degree required
Though Dimension believes in long term work/life balance, we also believe in short term imbalances. Long hours will be needed from time to time as dictated by deal flow and project deadlines.
New York, NY
Salary and Benefits
The base salary range for this position is $100,000 ‐ $125,000 per year. The position will also include a bonus incentive program tied to achievement of key Market Manager objectives. Dimension offers a generous benefits package as well.
Equal Opportunity Employer and Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
Dimension Renewable Energy is proud to develop Community Solar projects to expand the accessibility of solar benefits to historically underserved and underrepresented communities in the clean energy transition. Our projects provide access to those who cannot host solar themselves due to geographic, economic, socioeconomic or other limiting factors.
We believe that echoing the values of Community Solar will help us build a more diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture within our company. We challenge ourselves to adopt and encourage more inclusive practices and understand that in diversity lies strength.
Dimension is an Equal Opportunity Employer that celebrates diversity and believes every employee deserves to feel happy, valued, and included at work. We recognize that our employees are the core of our business, and we are dedicated to a continuous effort to enhance diversity within our company.
Dimension does not tolerate discrimination against employees or applicants on the basis of actual or perceived race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth and pregnancy-related conditions), gender identity or expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, marital status, military service and veteran status, physical or mental disability, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws and ordinances. Dimension is committed to living these values every day, and we are dedicated to this policy with respect to recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, training, compensation, benefits, employee activities, access to facilities and programs and general treatment during employment. Dimension is committed to working with partners who hold these same standards.