Scope of Job: The Paralegal will support (internal) Company attorneys and clients with corporate transactions. This role is a critical client-facing role, and the successful candidate will support our client relationships and assist with project management of our corporate transactions. The Paralegal will be responsible for oversight and preparation of transactional documents, as well as supporting and assisting the legal department in all phases of corporate transactions.
90% Managing Corporate Transactions
- Drafting, reviewing, and managing corporate and transactional documents in connection with corporate transactions, including state forms and filings, entity formations and name searches, resolutions, consents, and closing certificates.
- Facilitating due diligence, conducting lien searches and summaries, ordering corporate documents, and managing subsidiary corporate organizational documents.
- Supporting the legal department and finance team with all phases of corporate and M&A transactions.
- Assisting with management of corporate transactions throughout their life cycle, including due diligence, responses to due diligence questions, preparing signing and closing checklists, preparing closing sets and facilitating signatures, populating disclosure schedules, and managing post-closing matters.
- Assisting with internal and external document management, including managing external data rooms and internal file management systems.
- Developing and maintaining relationships with internal and external stakeholders to facilitate the efficient and accurate transfer of information and materials in connection with corporate transactions.
- Assisting with updating internal tracking spreadsheets, including the corporate subsidiary and nondisclosure agreements.
5% Other duties as assigned
Supervision of Others: None
Education/Experience: Typically requires:
- Bachelor's degree or paralegal certificate required
- Minimum of four years of relevant experience required
- Experience with the renewables industry and corporate transactional environment is a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and a proactive approach to organization
- Ability to multi-task and work in a deadline-driven, team-oriented environment
- Self-starter who can complete tasks and manage responsibilities with minimal supervision
Physical Requirements: Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. on occasion and time spent bending at file cabinets.
Working Conditions: 95% of time is spent in the office environment, utilizing computers (frequent use of various Microsoft software/programs), phones, and general office equipment. 5% of time is spent outside of the office visiting vendors' and/or internal customers' sites in additional to attending various conferences and meetings.
Reasonable Accommodations: Reasonable accommodations may be provided by EDF Renewables to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions, as defined per Company policy.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
NOTICE TO ALL APPLICANTS: In alignment with our core values and placing safety first, EDF Renewables will implement a mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy for all US hires. Proof of full vaccination will be required to accept an offer with a hire date on or after January 3, 2022.