Program Officer – Clean Grid Initiative (Remote)
The Clean Grid Initiative is a philanthropic collaboration focused on modernizing the electric transmission system to accelerate the transition to carbon-free power. Almost any path to carbon neutrality will require achieving close to 100% clean electricity and electrifying many other end-use sectors, and doing so will require a massive build-out of the transmission system, by some estimates as much as tripling current high voltage transmission capacity. There is a once-in-a-generation moment of opportunity right now to advance transmission policy and development in the US. This Initiative will establish and oversee a multi-year national transmission campaign that integrates state, regional, and federal advocacy to reshape the narrative around the transmission, build transmission advocacy capacity, and leverage moments of opportunity to advance transformative transmission policies.
The Program Officer will play a lead role in developing grantmaking strategies that advance CGI’s goal of building electricity transmission infrastructure at scale and in time to achieve a carbon-free power sector in the U.S. by 2035. They will also serve as an ambassador for CGI, building a network of philanthropic partners, climate advocates, and energy policy leaders who are developing solutions to transmission challenges. Key responsibilities include strategy development, grant sourcing and diligence, grantee relationship management, and impact evaluation and reporting.
The ideal candidate for this position will have knowledge of and experience working on climate or transmission issues, and in philanthropy, as a grantmaker with an interest in learning and evaluation. The Program Officer will report to and work closely with CGI’s Managing Director. Key qualifications include:
- Bachelor’s degree, with a preference for candidates with a post-graduate degree.
- 8 years of experience working in climate philanthropy, non-profits, consulting, transmission planning/development, or impact investing.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and present a cogent strategy and execute it.
- Strong research, writing, and analytical capabilities, including the ability to communicate complex issues concisely.
- Experience in climate grantmaking is desirable.
- Experience with U.S. policy on power and transmission and grid modernization is desirable.
Expected Compensation Range: $160,000-$180,000
DRiWaterstone is leading this search for Clean Grid Initiative.
For more information about the Clean Grid Initiative: https://multiplier.org/projects/