Program Operations Manager (Remote)
The Clean Grid Initiative is a philanthropic collaboration focused on modernizing the electric transmission system to accelerate the transition to carbon-free power. Almost any path to carbon neutrality will require achieving close to 100% clean electricity and electrifying many other end-use sectors, and doing so will require a massive build-out of the transmission system, by some estimates as much as tripling current high voltage transmission capacity. There is a once-in-a-generation moment of opportunity right now to advance transmission policy and development in the US. This Initiative will establish and oversee a multi-year national transmission campaign that integrates state, regional, and federal advocacy to reshape the narrative around the transmission, build transmission advocacy capacity, and leverage moments of opportunity to advance transformative transmission policies.
The Program Operations Manager will play a lead role in continuously improving and strengthening how CGI operates and will support the CGI team to execute the strategic priorities. Key responsibilities include managing the execution of CGI’s grantmaking cycle, serving as a key point person between CGI and Multiplier, serving as a liaison between CGI staff and grantees, and identifying and implementing improvements to operations.
The ideal candidate for this position will have some knowledge of climate and transmission issues, experience in the NGO and philanthropic sectors, and an interest in helping a new organization establish a strong foundation from which to grow. The Program Operations Manager will report to and work closely with CGI’s Managing Director and CGI’s fiscal sponsor, Multiplier.
Key qualifications include:
- Bachelor’s degree.
- 3 to 5 years of experience in the philanthropic and/or NGO sectors, preferably in an operations or grant manager role.
- Superior problem-solving skills and a sense of curiosity about how to continuously improve the way organizations operate.
- Experience examining and redesigning processes and systems to be more effective, efficient, and approachable for your audience.
- Effective planning and time management skills, with the ability to plan backward from and manage multiple deadlines simultaneously across multiple time zones.
- Ability to engage positively with a range of grantees, partners, staff, and board members, and proactively identify ways to support CGI’s network with information and resources that enable their best work.
Expected Compensation Range: $80,000-$120,000
DRiWaterstone is leading this search for Clean Grid Initiative.
For more information about the Clean Grid Initiative: https://multiplier.org/projects/