Renewable Energy Analyst
Atlas Renewable Power offers an entry-level full time position to assist with solar and battery energy storage development and related consulting services in the renewable energy industry. This position will assist with market analysis and research, site identification and acquisition, real property negotiations, real property due diligence, interconnection, permitting, and proposal preparation.
Applicant will work in the San Francisco, California office.
- Market and financial analysis
- Monitor regulatory requirements for renewable energy projects
- Conduct desktop searches for potential project sites using Google Earth
- Establish and maintain a site selection database
- Conduct outreach to landowners via mailers and/or phone calls.
- Assist with acquisition of options, leases, and easements with landowners
- Identify risks and corresponding mitigation strategies associated with transaction structures, title matters, and environmental conditions.Assist in developing a proactive client acquisition strategy
- Manage preparation of the real property component of development projects for financing by clearing interfering title matters, commissioning Phase I Environmental reports and ALTA Surveys
- Conduct preliminary permitting screening of sites with local jurisdictions and support the early stages of project permitting
- Analyze energy data and utility rates
- Support project permitting and interconnection
- Generate, manage, and report project specific budgets and schedules
- Must be highly personable self-starter
- Ability to work remotely or in person when needed
- Detail oriented
- Strong project management skills to maintain progress on multiple ongoing projects with multiple clients
- Ability to prioritize tasks and juggle competing deadlines effectively
- Proficiency in Google Earth and Microsoft Excel. Knowledge of SmartSheet or ArcGIS a plus
- An understanding of real estate acquisition contract terms and strong negotiation skills are a plus
- Strong analytical and commercial skills
- Ability to receive constructive feedback
- Exposure to the renewable energy industry is a plus
- A Bachelor’s degree is required
Located in San Francisco, Atlas Renewable Power is a renewable energy development and consulting company with expertise in renewable energy and energy storage. The company was formed in January 2013 to respond to the growing demand for clean, carbon-free, renewable energy.
Atlas will consider individuals with a broad range of experience and skills. To apply for this position, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.