MCM Exploration is currently seeking a Reservoir Engineer. The Reservoir Engineer will provide reservoir engineering support for a variety of projects (as detailed below). The ideal candidate will have strong technical as well as communication skills and be able to contribute his/her expertise while working on a multi-disciplinary team in a fast-paced environment.
- Work with multidisciplinary team to generate and execute a development plan that maximizes the value of MCM’s Permian Assets
- Provide reservoir engineering support and guidance on multidisciplinary field/well studies with a specific focus on economic analysis supported by rate transient analysis, decline curve analysis, material balance, volumetrics, etc.
- Analyze lateral and vertical well spacing across all fields to determine optimal spacing within each target horizon.
- Collaborate with team to analyze completion and production practices that optimize value across acreage position.
- Analyze reservoir fluids and monitor production performance to generate accurate production forecasts for all wells.
- Analyze quarterly reserves update and biannual bank redeterminations.
- Analyze reserves and value of potential acquisitions, divestitures, and trades and integrate with multidisciplinary team to execute on A&D strategy.
- Work with Finance team to maintain long term budget forecast and update type curve, PDP, and expense forecasts regularly.
- BS in Engineering and 4+ years of oil and gas engineering experience with 2+ years of reservoir engineering experience
- Must have relevant reservoir engineering experience with unconventional resource plays
- Must be self-motivated and capable of independently integrating within multi-disciplinary teams
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills and be able to communicate effectively with all levels of the organization
- Some operations experience (production, completions, drilling, etc.) preferred.
- Proficiency in ARIES and Microsoft Office