Senior Retail Energy Pricing Analyst
Customized Energy Solutions (CES) is seeking a Senior Analyst to join its Retail Pricing team, which delivers operational retail energy pricing services and supporting strategic consulting to retail market participants. The successful candidate will join a small, experienced, and fast-paced team of energy professionals working to deliver best in class service to our clients at the epicenter of some of the industry’s most dynamic and challenging problems. In this position, the candidate’s strong analytic processing and technical capabilities, communication skills, and aptitude for cross-functional collaboration will facilitate (1) delivery of operational, analytical, and strategic support for services CES provides to clients through its Retail Pricing team, as well as (2) provision of business inputs into the software development lifecycle to drive process automation. The position will involve internal, cross-functional, and client-facing work and collaboration to generate operational deliverables, drive performance through data validation and analytics, execute regular as well as one-off market analyses, and otherwise contribute to complex processes to support operations of the team and optimization of supporting processes.
The successful candidate will be a high energy self-starter and positive team player that possesses strong analytical skills and excellent oral and written communication skills. The candidate must be comfortable working under deadlines and with competing priorities, and must be able to work both independently as well as part of a broader team. Being detail oriented and a person of integrity are essential qualities, as is an ability to handle new tasks and manage multiple projects and competing priorities. This position presents excellent opportunities for career advancement for the right individual.
The successful candidate will contribute to the Retail Pricing team in a variety of capacities and maintain flexibility to support and develop new operational capabilities as markets and service offerings evolve. Representative duties in the position of Senior Analyst – Retail Pricing include the following:
- Daily execution on matrix pricing and account-specific pricing for clients in all ISO markets with retail choice
- Maintain pricing assumptions on energy, capacity, transmission, Ancillary Services, and RPS components to ensure pricing model accuracy
- Tracking regulatory development at FERC, ISO, and state levels and translate those changes into pricing inputs to improve pricing competitiveness
- Collaborate with internal forecasting and settlement teams for validation on load forecasting methodologies and ancillary service rates used in pricing model.
The following experience will be required in the candidate’s successful fulfillment of responsibilities under the position of Analyst – Retail Market Services:
- Demonstrated ability to analyze information, solve problems, and make quick, fact-based decisions
- 3 - 5 years relevant industry experience
- Demonstrated ability to work well with others at all levels of an organization in a fast-paced team environment
- Demonstrated ability to work well in a deadline-driven environment with competing priorities
- Excellent analytic processing skills
- Advanced Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and VBA
- Demonstrated ability to think “outside the box” by developing and implementing improvements to processes and tools
- Relevant college degree
The following experience will be a plus (but is not required) in the candidate’s successful fulfillment of responsibilities:
- Relevant graduate degree or advanced industry training
- Proficiency in SQL or related technical expertise
- Experience working in an Agile Development framework
The position of Analyst – Retail Pricing will be based in Philadelphia, PA. Flexibility to telecommute due to COVID and other considerations can be discussed during the interview process.