Solar Interconnection Analyst
Dimension Renewable Energy is a nationally leading community solar developer. Dimension brings together an experienced team, leading energy investors, and a strong capital position to navigate complex markets and deliver long term value to all project stakeholders. Together, with over 1,000 MWs of pipeline under development, we are building a leading distributed generation IPP platform, and bringing solar access to all.
SUMMARY OF FUNCTIONS
The Interconnection Analyst position will be responsible for managing the interconnection process for Dimension’s growing portfolio of solar projects. Sitting at the intersection of Real Estate and Project Development, Dimension’s Interconnection team plays a critical role in getting community solar projects online and connected to the grid. Ideal candidates will have strong process management and organizational skills, a sense of urgency and timeliness, and a desire to advance their career in renewable energy on a technical path.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- - Responsible for daily utility application submittals.
- - Perform critical interconnection due diligence functions on solar/battery storage projects, including researching emerging markets and determining preliminary interconnection viability.
- - Identify, communicate, and resolve interconnection issues and risks related to the development of distribution-scale solar projects located across the US.
- - Interface with a range of external stakeholders and clearly communicate Dimension’s project objectives, imperatives, and timelines.
- - Close coordination with Dimension’s Business Development, Development, Real Estate, and Construction teams covering utility interconnection.
- - Manage Dimension’s existing Interconnection portfolio to drive efficient timelines with third-party counterparts.
- - Build strong relationships with utility counterparts as their main point of contact with Dimension.
We are looking for highly motivated individuals who want to be part of a fast-paced and fluid company poised for growth in one of the country’s most rapidly changing industries. This role requires forward-thinking, innovative approaches and comfort with complexity and uncertainty. We are looking for individuals eager to move quickly with us.
- - Bachelor's degree required
- - Strong organizational skills
- - Excellent communication skills in both oral and written English
- - Ability to effectively operate with high energy and flexibility in a fast-paced, constantly evolving team environment
- - Self-motivated with the ability to manage diverse relationships and multiple, complex projects simultaneously
- - Strong understanding of process development
- - Basic knowledge of renewable energy industry preferred
- - Ability to quickly learn and use new software tools on an as needed basis
- - Ability to synthesize complicated information and create easily digestible outputs for presentation to internal and external stakeholders
Though Dimension believes in long term work/life balance, we also believe in short term imbalances. Long hours will be needed from time to time as dictated by deal flow and project deadlines.
- Role will require reporting to Dimension’s New York office 4 days per week.
- This role will involve occasional travel up to 5% of the time.
We offer competitive compensation and a generous benefits package.