Strategic Marketing Analyst
Weatherford is a leading global energy services company. Our world-class experts partner with customers to optimize their resources and realize the full potential of their assets. Across our operating locations, including manufacturing, research and development, service, and training facilities, operators choose us for strategic solutions that add efficiency, flexibility, and responsibility to any energy operation.
We are focused on technology development, digital solutions, and defining our footprint in the new energy space. Our ability to provide integrated solutions across our segments will be critical to growth in our core operations and the energy transition.
Energy producers face unique challenges every day, so it is our job to create solutions that enhance safety, streamline operations, and sustain uptime to meet or exceed their targets. We operate across the global energy landscape employing some of the best diverse talent in the industry. At Weatherford, we understand the value each individual brings to the table. We celebrate diversity in all its forms and are immensely proud of our workforce. We invite you to join our passionate, talented, word-class team.
When you join Weatherford, you instantly feel connected to something bigger – a community that is grounded by our core values and driven to create innovative solutions for our customers. We celebrate each other’s successes, grow together, and learn from each other constantly. Individually, we are impressive. Together, we are unstoppable. We are One Weatherford.
Weatherford offers competitive compensation, a comprehensive benefits program and provides you a challenging and enriching career path, with a healthy balance of structure and flexibility to chart your own course.
Weatherford is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
The Strategic Marketing Analyst is responsible for market insights and actionable intelligence for one of Weatherford’s three product segments – Drilling and Evaluation, Well Construction and Completions, or Production and Intervention. This role supports the Sales/Commercial function as well as Product Lines, Geozones, and leadership with a remit to provide market clarity to grow revenue, customer satisfaction and value, product line/offering development, operational effectiveness, and inform tactical and strategic decision making.
- Develops actionable market and strategic intelligence to support sustainable, profitable growth across the global business
- Well versed with key market and industry drivers such as commodity prices, macroeconomic data/indicators, geopolitical environments, activities of major operators, competitive/competitor intelligence, material and operational costs, emerging technologies and operating models, as well as broader energy transition themes and strategies
- Incorporates internal and external data to build insights and identify market and commercial opportunities and risks
- Assesses and integrates external macroeconomic, geopolitical, and market data sources (e.g., IHS, IEA, EIA, Rystad, Kimberlite, Spears, Enverus, etc.) and external ‘signals’ into a scenario-driven Weatherford market point of view to support tactical and strategic decision making, forecasting, and commercial opportunities (current and market white space) and risk
- Collects and analyzes relevant customer information (e.g., Capex, Operational activity across Geozones, purchasing and investment trends, voice of the customer (VoC), and other customer-driven insights
- Designs and executes robust, scenario-based market opportunity sizing (i.e., total available market (TAM) and the associated Weatherford available market (WAM) and collaborates with product line and Geozone leadership to develop risk/reward assessments and market penetration strategies
- Collaborates with and co-develops cohesive, aligned strategy development across corporate, functional, and product lines.
- Understands and leverages internal data sources and platforms (JDE, Salesforce, etc.) as inputs into analysis data and insights
- Supports Sales/Commercial and Marketing functions in relation to customer lists for campaigns, prioritization of target groups, target new clients and measurements of effectiveness of marketing campaigns
- Co-develops and internally promotes data tools, dashboards, and communication tools for key stakeholders that leverages the latest technologies and software, paired with user-centric design, insights, scenarios, and forecasts that provide market clarity and speed decision and action
- Responds promptly to management ad-hoc requests
- Demonstrates effective Safety leadership at all times to reinforce the organization’s commitment to safety performance
- Maintains the highest level of reliability around data analyses and can effectively communicate and justify methodologies and assumptions
Experience & Education
- Bachelors degree in Marketing, Finance, Operations Management, or other business discipline.
- Have 5+ years experience in a similar role
- MBA preferred
- Oil and gas, oilfield services, energy, or industrial manufacturing industry experience.
- Other applicable experience may also be considered.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Systems-thinking mindset and ability to triangulate across multiple data sources and insights to develop a compelling Weatherford point of view
- Intellectual horsepower and curious, agile, growth-focused mindset
- Strong commercial acumen to tie insights to company results and impact
- Excellent communicator – both verbal and written – with effective storytelling and smart brevity
- Power user of Microsoft 365 suite – especially key scenario and data modelling tools (i.e., Excel)
- Strong work ethic, integrity, and accountability paired with commitment to quality at all levels
- Collaborator that values varied perspectives and inputs to enhance relevant, actionable insights and drive efficiency and productivity
- Experience with data management and visualization tools (e.g., Alteryx, PowerBI, etc.)
- Prior experience in Strategic Marketing, Forecasting, Corporate Strategy, and/or Market Intelligence