T&D Electric Utility Operations Services Analyst
Who We Are
Do you want to join a team that values Service, Collaboration and Excellence?
Do you want to work with an organization that is committed to serving its customers and community by providing clean, reliable, and affordable energy to Long Island and the Rockaways?
Is being part of a value-driven organization important to you?
If yes, please check us out!
We are a team of motivated, engaged and exceptionally talented self-starters, willing to roll up our sleeves and do what is necessary to get the job done. If you are interested in joining this dynamic team and have a passion to learn, develop and want your experience to make an immediate impact, please apply.
What We Offer
We offer an environment of continuous development and growth. LIPA offers a thriving company culture, exceptional colleagues, and great benefits. Our benefit package includes:
- Hybrid work and flexible hours
- Medical insurance
- Dental and vision insurance at no cost to employee
- Paid holidays and generous leave time
- Professional development opportunities
- Educational assistance opportunities
- Multiple retirement plan options with company contribution
- Short-term and long-term disability coverage
- Flexible spending account
- Life Insurance
- 529 College Savings Program
- $300 Wellness Reimbursement
What We Need
- Bachelor’s degree in business, economics, accounting, or related field
- Familiarity with electric utility operations a plus
- Experience analyzing operational and financial data
- Effective written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills to handle vendor and employee relationships
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Forensic and inquisitive approach to data analysis
- Experience with detailed review of contractor invoices for accuracy, completeness, and compliance
- Working knowledge and understanding of FEMA documentation requirements a plus
- Ability to monitor and report on multiple projects simultaneously
- Prior experience with grants management and administration processes a plus
- Ability to organize thoughts in a clear, concise manner
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with external stakeholders, including governmental agencies
- Experiences uploading documentation to internal and external portals
- Working knowledge of computer programs including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SAS, and data analytics software
- Proficiency in MS-Excel
- Effective communication skills, orally and in writing
- Excellent judgment and critical thinking
- Strong quantitative and analytical ability
- Self-motivated and detail-oriented: capable of executing complex analyses with little oversight
- Project management ability and experience managing multiple projects simultaneously
- Interpersonal skills work collaboratively across departments and organizations
- Prior experience working within Electric Utility Companies preferred
- Prior experience with the administration of FEMA PA grants, including mitigation grants preferred
- Working knowledge of 2 CFR 200 – procurement guidelines and cost reasonableness principles preferred
- Working knowledge of and familiarity with the FEMA PA Delivery Process and FEMA Grants Portal preferred
- Ability to analyze data and communicate observations effectively preferred
What You’ll Do At LIPA
The Operations Services Analyst supports the Transmission & Distribution (T&D) Operations department by analyzing data and preparing charts and reports summarizing and illustrating the Service Provider’s operational and financial performance. The Operations Services Analyst reports to the Director of Distribution Services and assists in reviewing monthly financials, project schedules, daily T&D system operations performance data, storm/emergency performance data, and other operational data as requested.
Essential Job Functions include:
- Reviewing, investigating, and critiquing documents, reports, models, and projections provided by Service Provider to support their performance, projects, and budgets. Recommending format changes and/or developing associated reports for LIPA’s use, including tables, graphs, and charts, that can be integrated into presentations.
- Conducting detailed review of all FEMA reimbursable documentation and/or grants.
- Reviewing and assessing the Utility 2.0 Annual Plan Update and project implementation and monitoring progress of Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy programs against targets.
- Assisting in the review of Service Provider’s performance relating to storm and other operational data.
- Analyzing against the Operations Services Agreement with PSEG Long Island and other 3rd party contracts
- Assessing invoices and supporting documentation for compliance and reasonableness
- Recommending whether LIPA approves or disallows payment
- Validating Service Provider’s performance versus established T&D metrics
- Assisting the department with other activities, including writing policies and procedures, conducting monthly budget review, preparing briefing materials for the Board of Trustees.
- Providing input into business/technical documents & to develop solution specific business cases.
- Creating and overseeing data analytics for work products measuring value add to stakeholders.
- Conducting research and analysis to determine best practices, forecasts, and benchmarking within and across industries.
- Performing other related tasks and assignments as required.
Salary Range: $75,000 - $95,000
LIPA is an equal opportunity employer.
Applying: Interested parties should submit their resume to Barbara Ann Dillon, Director of Human Resources and Administration, at 2022OperationsServicesAnalyst@lipower.org