VP - Aligned Climate Capital
Job Title: Vice President (Aligned Solar Partners)
Location: Los Angeles, CA, New York, NY, or Washington, DC
Reports to: Chief Operating Officer
Aligned Climate Capital LLC (Aligned) is an asset manager that believes the global response to climate change is creating a $50 trillion market opportunity. Founded in 2019, Aligned is a dynamic and mission-driven firm with approximately $270mm in assets under management focused exclusively in climate-related infrastructure and growth equity strategies. It is seeking experienced candidates who are self-motivated, innovative, and committed to using financial tools to address climate change.
This position will have key responsibilities in executing the Aligned Solar Partners strategy, which is a series of investment partnerships that utilize tax-efficient equity to acquire distributed solar assets in the U.S. It is one of Aligned’s key businesses with a current portfolio of approximately 20 megawatts and additional acquisitions scheduled for 2021.
Duties and Responsibilities_________________________________________
This position will be responsible for supporting all aspects of the Aligned Solar Partners business, including origination, structured finance, and asset management. It includes opportunities for growth and advancement.
The Vice President (Aligned Solar Partners) will have the following duties and responsibilities:
- Lead the negotiation and execution of solar project acquisitions with support from Aligned’s senior management and outside counsel;
- Lead financial modeling, diligence, and analysis of potential solar project acquisitions;
- Originate solar project acquisition opportunities that fit the Aligned Solar Partners strategy;
- Lead asset management for the Aligned Solar Partners portfolio;
- Support Aligned’s senior management with fundraising for future Aligned Solar Partners partnerships; and
- Support Aligned’s senior management in structuring debt for Aligned Solar Partners (construction and permanent);
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Business, Engineering, Public Policy, Sustainability, or a related field.
- Three to Five years of experience in solar project development, finance, or asset management.
- Experience with solar project acquisitions, including project-level diligence, review of primary contract forms (i.e. MIPAs, site leases, EPC, O&M, and other service contracts), and coordination of multiple counter-parties.
- Proven analytical skill, including financial modeling for solar project assets.
- Experience with solar project finance, including debt, sponsor equity, and tax equity structures.
- Experience with solar asset management, including management of service contracts, insurance, portfolio performance monitoring.
- Proven ability to present information for expert and non-expert audiences.
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience
- Eligibility for annual bonus and other financial incentives
About Aligned Climate Capital______________________________________
Aligned is an investment advisor focused exclusively on sustainable real assets that address the threat of climate change—clean energy, efficient transportation, resilient infrastructure, and sustainable natural resources. Aligned’s mission is to accelerate the flow of capital into sustainable real assets by creating fully-commercial investment products for institutional investors, family offices, high net-worth individuals, and foundations.
Aligned is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
Please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com
1. As of November 1, 2020, and includes assets jointly managed with another asset manager.