Position Title: Analyst
Employment Status: Full Time
Location: San Francisco, CA preferred. Will consider Portland, OR, Chicago, IL and Washington DC.
About Waypoint Energy: Waypoint Energy is a commercial energy efficiency company that delivers utility and public services for the commercial real estate sector. Waypoint’s core mission is to significantly decrease energy usage within the commercial building sector through advanced energy analytics and innovative market deployment programs. Our multidisciplinary team of technical experts and commercial real estate professionals develops and implements innovative market engagement strategies with demonstrated cost savings. In a short time, Waypoint has established itself as a trusted advisor to national commercial real estate companies, utilities, and select federal, state, and local government agencies.
Waypoint Energy is a division of Waypoint Building Group.
Position Summary: As a Waypoint Energy Analyst, you will collaborate with management to ensure successful delivery of our consulting services and programs for our utility, government, and real estate clients. Primary responsibilities include conducting market research, analyzing data, and crafting project deliverables such as research reports and presentations. Other responsibilities will include developing proposal responses for new work and creating tools and resources for internal company use. This is an ideal job for someone with a long-term interest in understanding the inner workings of the commercial building and utility energy efficiency markets. The ideal candidate will also have a passion and capacity for working in an evolving, fast-paced, growth environment.
- Conduct research on energy efficiency markets, building portfolios and utility customers
- Conduct basic data analysis and identify market trends
- Draft deliverables in a range of formats, including Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
- Draft briefings and professional correspondence for review/circulation by management
- Actively take management guidance and execute discrete project tasks
- Assist management in attaining business development targets
- BS or BA; Graduate degree optional
- 1-2 years of professional experience required in energy, environmental or green building consulting fields
- Possess fundamental understanding of energy efficiency market needs, utility markets, and/or building components and EE measures
- Possess strong writing, analytical and presentation skills
- Passion for energy efficiency in the built environment
Compensation: Salary and bonus commensurate with experience as well as competitive benefits and stock options
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.