Analyst, Tax and Fiscal Policy
Strict Standards: Declaration of Wpjb_Form_Apply::save() should be compatible with Daq_Form_ObjectAbstract::save($append = Array) in /home/ypenergy/web/ypenergy.org/public_html/wp-content/plugins/wpjobboard/application/libraries/Form/Apply.php on line 10
CAPP has an immediate opening for a Tax and Fiscal Policy Analyst to join a dynamic team of professionals that are responsible for the support and development of policy positions and government advocacy. We are looking for an individual who is comfortable working in a vibrant, collaborative and fast paced environment.
This role is an opportunity to join an organization where the function is front and center of strategic priority and the voice of Canada's upstream oil and natural gas industry. Grow your career with an established organization that enables the responsible growth of our industry as we advocate for economic competitiveness and safe, environmentally and socially responsible performance. This position reports directly to the Manager, Tax and Fiscal Policy.
The role focus will include:
- Support to CAPP policy & regulatory formulation in the area of taxation and fiscal policy.
- Liaise with CAPP staff and members to assess public policy and regulatory implications for the energy sector in addition to supporting the relevant CAPP member committees in the areas of federal and provincial corporate income tax policy, sales taxes, duties and excise taxes, property tax, and petroleum/corporate accounting.
- Keep apprised of and proactively address key issues related to tax and fiscal policy levers in the energy sector that will improve Canada’s competitiveness with other jurisdictions.
- Support policy submissions and interface with government departments at the federal and provincial level.
- Other requirements as assigned by Manager, Tax & Fiscal Policy.
- 3-5 years of experience in the oil and gas industry focused on federal and provincial taxation issues.
- Excellent skills in negotiations, non-authoritative leadership, stakeholder engagement, conflict resolution, written and oral presentations.
- Experience in the sphere of public policy development and government advocacy would be a definite asset.
- Post-secondary education in business (e.g. B.B.A., B. Comm.) coupled with a relevant designation (e.g. CPA, CMA,) preferred.
Please send a cover letter and résumé in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org by September 17, 2017 referencing “Tax and Fiscal Policy Analyst” in the subject line. We thank all those who respond; however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.