RE-volv Employment Opportunity
Title: Communications Manager
Primary Location: San Francisco, CA
Reports To: Executive Director
Application Deadline: ASAP
RE-volv is a lean nonprofit social enterprise focused on fighting climate change by accelerating the adoption of clean energy. RE-volv empowers people to take simple, meaningful action by helping crowdfund solar projects for local nonprofit organizations. We do this by training clean energy leaders around the country to spearhead solar energy projects in their community. Nonprofit organizations save money on their electric bills, allowing them to increase their impact, and pay RE-volv back with interest over 20 years through a solar lease agreement. The lease payments from each solar project are returned to the donor’s portfolio where they can reinvest the money into other nonprofit solar projects on the platform. This pay it forward model to help nonprofits go solar, is the first of its kind: a revolving fund for solar energy in our communities. To date, we have crowdfunded over a quarter of a million dollars in donations from people in 38 states and 22 countries for 10 solar projects in 4 states.
RE-volv has received numerous awards, including a Business Innovation Award from the U.S. Department of Energy’s Sunshot Initiative, is an inaugural member of the White House National Community Solar Partnership, and winner of the OpenIDEO Climate Innovation Fellowship.
The Communications Manager’s Role
As the Communications Manager, you will refine and implement RE-volv’s overall communications and marketing strategy. RE-volv’s main goal is to engage as many people as possible to bring clean energy to their communities. The Communications Manager will be responsible for developing an effective outreach strategy, growing our online community, and increasing participation in our programs. Our key audiences include climate activists, volunteers, nonprofits, partners, and donors. In addition, this role will include promoting crowdfunding campaigns and being a coach/point person for the Solar Ambassadors and Champions during their crowdfunding campaigns.
This is a full time position in our San Francisco office in the Financial District. This is a high impact position, requiring creativity, independence, collaboration and initiative. Compensation includes a modest nonprofit annual salary, benefits and generous paid time off. RE-volv allows flexible work hours and is committed to supporting a good work-life balance. Position starts as soon as possible.
●Develop and implement RE-volv’s overall communications and marketing strategy
● Drive traffic to RE-volv website through SEO, Google Adwords, Social Media, and other advertising and marketing techniques
● Track website activity and communications metrics using Google Analytics, social media analytics, and Key Performance Indicators
● Manage Public Relations, maintain relationships with journalists and pitch stories
● Manage RE-volv’s email list in Salesforce and MailChimp and communicate regularly with constituents
● Maintain and update RE-volv web content, including blog
● Train and support volunteers in their marketing and communications efforts for solar crowdfunding campaigns
● Plan and execute promotional and educational events
● Represent RE-volv by speaking and tabling at outreach events
● Be a collaborative member of a small team working to achieve RE-volv’s mission
Skills and Qualifications
● 3-5 years of experience in marketing and communications preferably in solar, tech, and/or crowdfunding
● Proficiency with Salesforce
● Proficiency with MailChimp
● Public Relations including writing press releases and pitching journalists
● Managing SEO, Google Adwords, and Social Media
● Measuring and testing marketing results through analytics
● Proficiency with Adobe Photoshop
● Excellent writing skills
● Comfortable presenting to large and small audiences
● Knowledge of solar energy, climate change, and environmental movement
● Ability to self-manage deadlines and tasks
● Passion for renewable energy, mitigating climate change, and building an equitable and sustainable society
How to Apply
Please submit your resume and a brief cover letter detailing relevant experience, salary requirements, and interest in the position via email to email@example.com. Please write “Communications Manager Application” in the subject line.