Marketing Project Manager
Carbon Lighthouse has been busy laying the foundation for significant growth in 2018. Our plans are ambitious. We are taking on an immense challenge – stopping climate change. The time is right for us to bring on a passionate and reliable teammate who thinks strategically about the big picture and executes diligently on the details. You will help us achieve big goals starting now and for years to come. Perhaps you’re fed up working at an agency executing programs for clients you don’t feel passionate about. Or maybe you’re in-house at a company that doesn’t empower you to impact growth. You have a lot to offer. You can think on your feet. You can execute with grace and equanimity. You hold yourself to high standards. You want to grow. If this sounds familiar, we want to meet you.
Carbon Lighthouse is looking for an inspiring, driven Marketing Project Manager to help our rapidly growing Marketing function achieve high impact. In this role, you will oversee integrated campaign development and execution to support brand awareness, lead generation and conversion–drawing on digital, social, PR, content, advertising, and event activations. You will manage a cross-functional workstream with leads within marketing, engineering, sales, tools and software, and strategic initiatives departments – along with our external creative and PR agencies. You will be obsessive about quality outcomes and will passionately pursue them by clearing roadblocks, building consensus, and continually supporting your teammates’ success. None of this would be possible unless you are an incredible communicator who knows how to set clear expectations, hold people accountable, make requests, and share issues in a way that is respectful, empathetic and solutions-focused. We’re a team that loves what we do and takes the importance of our work very personally. This is not a simple a check-box kind of project management job.
You should have a keen ability to break large projects into individual tasks, and then evaluate them to identify needed resources, timeline, budget requirements, and priority. You have strong project management and client service experience, whether supporting internal clients or an agency’s clients. You will help Carbon Lighthouse achieve broad and category awareness with key audiences across four industry verticals and three U.S. regions. Currently a team of four, Marketing is growing to a team of eight, and you will help us create and improve our processes and manage a growing budget.
You will contribute to a variety of sales and marketing initiatives, giving you opportunities to expand your knowledge and experience. As we continue to grow, you will be afforded many opportunities for career growth and specialization.
About Carbon Lighthouse:
Carbon Lighthouse is on a mission to stop climate change by making it easy and profitable for building owners to eliminate carbon emissions caused by wasted energy. The company’s unique approach to Efficiency Production goes deep into buildings to uncover and continuously correct hidden inefficiencies that add up to meaningful financial value and carbon elimination that lasts. Since 2010, commercial real estate, educational, hospitality and industrial customers nationwide have chosen Carbon Lighthouse to enhance building comfort, increase net operating income, and achieve their sustainability goals.
We are a team that highly values question asking, getting it done, integrity, and teamwork. We appreciate a fulfilling work-life balance, prize transparency and communication, hold ourselves to high standards of performance and professionalism, strive for dynamism and innovation, and support our team members’ professional development.
- Manage multiple, concurrent project workflows from beginning to end across departments and with 3rd party agencies and vendors, ensuring projects are delivered accurately, on time, within scope, and within budget
- Troubleshoot issues early and effectively
- Inspire teammates to deliver high quality, high impact results
- Lead and participate in project meetings to assist in planning, execution and ideation
- Act as the liaison between sales, marketing, engineering, tools and software, and strategic initiatives departments to communicate business objectives and gather required assets for project success
- Create, communicate, and collaborate with team members on timelines and needed deliverables
- Communicate regular status updates to appropriate stakeholders; regularly monitor and summarize progress; run ongoing status meetings
- Develop and present summary reports on campaign results and key strategic and operational learnings
- Manage work volume and expectations within a fast-moving company; Manage in-bound requests for Marketing support from other departments: define scope, prioritize projects, secure resources and set timelines
- Create and update internal systems. Identify weaknesses in current systems and work to improve them
- Manage the department budget and accounts payable with vendors and accounting
- Passion for clean energy, sustainability or mission-driven organizations
- Previous positions within an entrepreneurial, fast-paced setting
- Curiosity and passion for Marketing
- Strong personal initiative and a “get-it-done” attitude with proven problem solving skills
- Experience in leading projects from concept to completion and engaging with various departmental representatives and 3rd party agencies, partners and vendors
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to demonstrate passion for a brand and infuse other people with that passion, drive consensus, foster creative collaboration, lead meetings and brainstorming sessions.
- 2+ years of PR/Ad/Marketing agency or in-house experience developing sales and marketing executions for a brand
- Extremely organized, efficient, detail-oriented with a proven ability to produce creative solutions within tight deadlines
- Can traffic multiple, concurrent workstreams effectively
- Experience managing external vendors and partners
- Experience with Asana or other project management app, MS PPT, Word, Excel, Google Sheets and Docs
- Ability to evaluate current processes and present opportunities for improvements
- Display a capacity to learn quickly and responds well to changes and opportunities
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Skills with or knowledge of design programs like Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, SlideShare, and Prezi
Compensation and Benefits:
- Salary + equity
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Generous vacation policy
- Fully paid maternity and paternity leave benefits
- Subsidized public transit and bike to work benefits
If you’re excited about our environmental mission and this looks like a fit, you should apply! Please fill out the brief application form at carbonlighthouse.com/about-us/careers and be prepared to submit three references at a later date.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we look forward to hearing from you.