This position is responsible for analyzing and accounting for the company’s oil and gas activities and other real estate matters.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Responsible for various accounting procedures within the oil and gas system under tax basis accounting, including accounting for leasehold, and reserves.
- Interact with other departments within the company to obtain information needed on a monthly and quarterly basis.
- Prepare, maintain or develop various schedules, reports and analyses for distribution to internal/external parties.
- Reconcile and/or analyze general ledger accounts and propos necessary adjusting entries, as required.
- Reports to the CFO and performs other duties as assigned within the accounting department.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Prior experience with Oil & Gas Accounting
- Ability to use Microsoft Excel
- Ability to assimilate complex concepts into schedules that concisely communicate results
- Ability to multi-task
Education & Work Experience Required
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field of study with strong accounting emphasis
- 3+ years accounting experience
- Oil and gas experience a plus
- CPA Certification a plus
- Public accounting experience(Tax) a plus
- Small, family-owned company with oil and gas interest as well as real estate
- Great team - approximately 10 employees with a laid-back atmosphere
- Health Insurance, 401K matching, and half-day Fridays
- Competitive compensation based on experience