YPE Dallas 2021 – 2022 Mentor Program
The YPE Dallas Mentor program matches Young Professionals in Energy members (“YPE Mentors”) with energy focused students and recent graduates (“Mentees”) in the DFW area to initiate and encourage constructive relationships within the energy industry. YPE Mentors counsel Mentees throughout a Fall/Spring schedule of educational and networking events to build a personal and professional connection from which all participants will benefit. Due to COVID-19, the Mentor Program events and meetings will initially be held virtually. YPE Dallas will provide updates on the meeting schedule throughout the year.
Guidelines & Expectations:
- 100% attendance encouraged. Commit to attending events with your Mentee and engage in follow-up discussions regarding takeaways from each event. YPE Mentors are encouraged to commit to connecting with Mentees a minimum of six times over the course of the program through either YPE Events or virtual meetings.
- Call or email Mentees to further establish the relationship.
- Keep the discussions productive with strong listening skills and constructive feedback.
- 100% attendance encouraged. Mentees are encouraged to commit to connecting with YPE Mentors a minimum of six times over the course of the program through either YPE Events or virtual meetings.
- Call or email your YPE Mentor to further establish the relationship.
- Be prompt to RSVP and return calls or emails from your YPE Mentor or YPE Board Members.
- Discuss your goals with your YPE Mentor and develop a plan to achieve them.
- Discuss learnings from the classroom and potential applications to the professional world.
- Seek advice from your YPE Mentor and be responsive to any feedback provided.
2021 – 2022 YPE Mentor Program Schedule
The YPE Dallas Mentor Program will begin in Fall 2021 and end in May 2022. Additional details on the program schedule will be communicated soon.
Your involvement is important to the success of our program and the future of our organization. Contact Brett Davis, Education Director at email@example.com for additional information.
Mentor and Mentee applications are due by November 12th, 2021.
Thank you for your interest in the YPE Dallas Mentor Program. Your involvement is very important to the success of our program and the future of our organization. Feel free to reach out to Brett Davis (firstname.lastname@example.org) with any questions regarding the program.