Associate / Sr. Associate at Homecoming Capital
Homecoming Capital – Associate / Sr. Associate
Location: San Francisco, CA
Start Date: Q2/Q3 2023
Compensation: Salary + Bonus + Carried Interest
Who we are:
Homecoming Capital is a climate-focused investing firm founded in 2019 to invest in businesses and real assets that decarbonize the economy as they grow. We pursue a flexible investing strategy across asset class and stage, and we specialize in capitalizing real asset development platforms and enabling technologies in the energy and transportation sectors. We have invested our committed capital in a wide range of financings, including infrastructure JVs, subordinated debt facilities, first capital into new platforms, and take-private buyouts. Indicative portfolio companies include Forum Mobility, Therma, and Solar Holler.
We apply the rigorous analytical skills we developed while working at leading investment firms to the immense challenge of decarbonizing the economy. We hold ourselves to high standards of integrity and intellectual honesty, and we are looking to build a best-in-class, diverse, and collaborative team to create value through investments that are successful across both financial and emissions-based metrics. Our offices are located in a historic building in the Presidio.
Who we are looking for:
We are seeking a San Francisco-based Associate / Sr. Associate who is passionate about investing to accelerate a decarbonized economy. In this role, you will receive hands-on experience working with the two founding partners in a dynamic and entrepreneurial investing environment, and you will also be a key contributor to the firm’s on-going corporate activities. You will leave an indelible mark on our culture and investment portfolio, while growing your career alongside our firm.
While the nature of our work varies with deal activity, the role includes the following responsibilities:
• Thesis Generation (~35% of time): We develop in-house investment theses to accelerate decarbonization transitions with our time and capital. You will help us with thesis and top-of-funnel generation through industry research, market mapping, outbound sourcing, network building, and other activities.
• Deal Evaluation & Diligence (~25%): Evaluating prospective investments via industry diligence, management discussions, and modeling will be core to this role. You will have the opportunity to spearhead – and shape – the deal evaluation and diligence process for all new investment opportunities.
• Portfolio Management (~20%): We take a hands-on approach to portfolio management, working closely with management teams to scale their platforms. This assistance can include board participation, modeling and financial tracking, and introductions to value-add network nodes.
• Firm Build & Corporate Activities (~20%): We are a growing firm, with major initiatives outside of new thesis generation, deal evaluation, and portfolio management. You will help foster the growth of our platform by contributing to firm marketing materials, thought leadership, and corporate branding.
• Degree from leading university with outstanding academic track-record
• Relevant career experience, consisting of 3-6 years of project finance, private/growth equity, private credit, restructuring, investment banking, or similar role
• Strong analytical skills, including financial modeling
• Clear and effective communicator, both verbal and written
• Demonstrated interest in the power markets and/or zero-emission real assets
• Intellectually curious: we’re seeking a deep thinker with a desire to work in a high leverage position with substantial responsibility. We’re looking for someone who is excited by the complexity and challenge of investing behind the dual-mandate of attractive risk-adjusted returns and emissions reductions
• Team player: we’re building a close-knit team of independently motivated high performers
• Comfortable creating structure from autonomy: we’re seeking someone who can thrive when given strategic direction with limited tactical guidance or ‘hand-holding’
• Growth mindset: our investing sandboxes are novel and constantly evolving; we’re seeking someone who is excited by the potential to learn in this ever-changing environment
• High attention to detail: while we will be on hand to assist, we must trust our team to manage their own work and to hold themselves to high standards
If interested, please send your CV with an informal email cover letter to email@example.com.
Homecoming Capital provides equal employment opportunities and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or any other legally protected status. For more information, please visit www.homecomingcapital.com.