Business Development Analyst
Dimension Renewable Energy is a nationally leading community solar developer. Dimension brings together an experienced team, leading energy investors, and a strong capital position to navigate complex markets and deliver long term value to all project stakeholders. Together, with over 1,000 MWs of pipeline under development, we are building a leading distributed generation IPP platform, and bringing solar access to all.
Summary of Functions
The Business Development Analyst will support the origination of new solar and energy storage opportunities and the management of current portfolios in the US. You will directly assist the Business Development team in driving the growth of our portfolios and project pipelines. You will be tracking, analyzing, and pursuing new opportunities for growth in rapidly expanding and evolving markets. You will use your analytic and problem-solving skills to develop persuasive value propositions for stakeholders – internal and external – and sound economic fundamentals for investors. Working alongside an experienced team, you will skillfully influence the decision makers inside and outside of Dimension in conjunction with the team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Support Business Development during market analysis and contract negotiations.
- Perform financial analysis to assist in project valuation and strategic decision-making.
- Collaborate with Business Development to produce compelling project proposals, using qualitative and quantitative capabilities.
- Interface closely with Real Estate, Policy, Development, Engineering, Legal and Management to help guide projects forward quickly and efficiently.
- Develop and manage incoming pipeline while assisting with opportunity qualification.
- Prepare client presentations and proposals, using analytics and visual communication.
- Increase effectiveness of staff and tools by recognizing opportunities for process improvement and creating new systems and structures.
- Assist in the collection, coordination, and preparation of communication and documentation, including customer contracts and utility applications.
We are looking for highly motivated individuals who want to be part of a fast-paced and fluid company poised for growth in one of the country’s most rapidly changing industries. This role requires forward-thinking, innovative approaches and comfort with complexity and uncertainty. We are looking for individuals eager to move quickly with us.
- Desire to work in a growing company in the renewable energy field
- Bachelor's degree required
- Excellent communication skills in both oral and written English
- Quantitative capability and hunger to learn.
- Strong insight development and value proposition definition skills
- Ability to effectively operate with high energy and flexibility in a fast-paced, constantly evolving team environment
- Self-motivated with the ability to manage diverse relationships and multiple, complex projects simultaneously
- Creativity and critical thinking skills to tackle a variety of challenges from the industry level to client specific
- Excel, Word and PowerPoint skills - Solar or renewable energy industry experience a plus
Though Dimension believes in long term work/life balance, we also believe in short term imbalances. Long hours will be needed from time to time as dictated by deal flow and project deadlines.
New York, NY
We offer competitive compensation and a generous benefits package.