Clean Energy Analyst (2021-2077)
At Cadmus, we recognize that solving the world’s most challenging problems can’t be accomplished alone or with cookie-cutter solutions. That’s why we look for team players and problem solvers who are encouraged to use their unique perspectives and intellectual curiosity to help deliver breakthrough solutions that achieve transformative goals like accelerating decarbonization and clean energy adoption. At Cadmus, you’ll collaborate with leading energy experts to help our clients across the globe incorporate renewable energy, reduce electricity consumption, improve distributed energy systems, and attain energy equity.
Cadmus’ mission is to deploy industry-leading expertise to help our clients achieve extraordinary results that strengthen society and the natural world. We offer competitive compensation, outstanding health care and retirement benefits, a vibrant and collaborative work environment, and opportunities for professional growth. We are committed to advancing diversity and fostering a culture of equity in the workplace and across society, and we strive to maintain an inclusive environment where all employees feel connected, respected, and valued.
Join Cadmus. Let’s solve the world’s most challenging problems together.
Cadmus seeks an Analyst (Data Scientist) for its Energy Services division to help develop and maintain analytics and reporting platforms and conduct statistical analyses for Cadmus and our clients. Qualified candidates will have experience with statistics and regression analysis as well as database management. A primary responsibility of the job will be to support senior staff who advise clients on a range of complex energy management issues regarding demand response, energy efficiency, customer behaviors, renewable energy, and electric vehicles, among others. Working alongside collaborative, client-service driven colleagues, the data scientist is a key contributor to our innovative solutions. In addition to technical acumen, we seek a team-member who is a problem solver, excited to build and improve our systems.
- Work independently and collaboratively with peers and project managers to deliver high-value analytical solutions to clients
- Participate in research efforts, ensuring consistency, quality, and reproducibility of research methods
- Assist with planning, designing, and implementing research and sample design projects efforts to support program evaluations
- Conduct primary and secondary data collection and statistical and econometric data analysis
- Apply statistics and econometrics to analyze and interpret data to reach meaningful conclusions and recommendations for inclusion in clearly written, concise reports
- Contribute to the design, management, and implementation of multiple SQL databases
- Optimize and automate existing data-flow processes including file imports/exports and data-refresh processes
- Develop ETL solutions for a variety of data sources
- Analyze collected data using analytical software, identifying trends, summarizing program events, and identifying causal impacts
- Produce data visualizations to distill information and provide meaningful conclusions and recommendations for industry clients
- Assist with project management activities
- Bachelor’s degree in economics, statistics, mathematics, data science, engineering, or other quantitative science or social science field with 2-4 years academic or professional experience
- Understanding of how to apply statistical methods to data to answer research questions
- Experience with R, Python, Stata or other statistical software to clean and analyze data
- Experience in analyzing, designing, and supporting applications that interface with data warehouses such as Power BI, Tableau, or Shiny
- Excellent writing, communication, and critical thinking skills
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously, including setting priorities and adapting to changes in a time-sensitive, deliverable driven workplace
- Strong organizational, detail-oriented skills
- Initiative and ability to self-direct on assignments
- Proficient in MS Office applications, including Word and Excel
- Experience using version control and ticket systems such as GitLab, GitHub, or Jira
- Interest in energy, energy efficiency, renewable energy, and/or electric vehicles
- Master’s degree in a quantitative field with graduate coursework in sample design, statistics, and regression analysis and/or 2 or more years’ experience designing relational database management systems (RDBMS) and database administration (DBA)
- Familiarity with power and energy analysis techniques, such as regression, temperature bin analysis, etc.
- Data collection experience using APIs and working with JSON files
- Experience working in a professional services/consulting environment
- Familiarity with energy sector or utility industry
- Good understanding of energy efficiency and renewable energy technologies
- Demonstrated ability to self-train including additional trainings and certifications
- To apply, submit resume along with cover letter
- Some domestic travel may be required
- This position will be remote to start. Post-COVID, this position will be based in Newark, NJ
- Candidates must be eligible to work in the United States as a U.S Permanent Resident or U.S. Citizen
Based on eligibility and job status, Cadmus offers an excellent benefits package to include: medical, dental, vision, company paid disability and life insurance, 401(k) program, paid time off (PTO), paid holidays, voluntary time off (VTO), tuition reimbursement, adoption assistance program, other optional benefits and various bonus programs.
Full vaccination against COVID-19, and compliance with Cadmus’ vaccination verification procedures, is a condition of employment with Cadmus, unless the individual is legally entitled to a reasonable accommodation. Prospective and/or new U.S. employees will be required to submit proof of vaccination on their first day of employment. “Full vaccination” means two weeks have passed since the individual received: 1) their second shot in a two-dose vaccine series (such as the Pfizer or Moderna vaccine) or 2) their shot in a single-dose vaccine series (such as the Johnson & Johnson vaccine). Information regarding the process for requesting a reasonable accommodation will be included in the offer letter issued to any prospective employee.
Cadmus is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer and prohibits unlawful discrimination. Cadmus is committed to providing a respectful workplace where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, national origin, military and veteran status, physical and mental disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Learn more about Cadmus by visiting our website at: http://www.cadmusgroup.com