Deputy Director - Americans for a Clean Energy Grid (ACEG)
Americans for a Clean Energy Grid (ACEG) is a non-profit, broad-based, public interest advocacy coalition focused on the need to expand, integrate, and modernize the North American high-voltage grid.
ACEG is seeking an enthusiastic, highly-organized leader and campaign director with interest and experience in energy policy and campaign advocacy to serve as its full-time Deputy Director. The Deputy Director will have the opportunity to influence cutting-edge policies that further the development of a modernized and reliable grid and the advancement of the clean energy economy to benefit consumers.
Preference will be given to candidates with experience and interest in both working with a diverse array of stakeholders and managing a diverse array of projects and initiatives. Key qualifications include:
- Minimum 5-7 years of professional experience in one or more of the following areas: policy advocacy, coalition building, clean energy, regulatory and/or legislative action, non-profit management, and/or communications.
- A highly-organized leader with the ability to build and mobilize a diverse coalition in support of advocacy campaigns to achieve key transmission policy objectives.
- Bachelor’s degree, with a preference for candidates with a post-graduate degree.
- Expertise in key issues regarding the electric grid, transmission, energy markets, and policy.
- Experience working on campaigns to persuade policymakers on both sides of the political aisle and a demonstrated ability to work with stakeholders with conflicting positions to build consensus.
- Experience working with one or more of the following: the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission, U.S. Congress, state public service commissions, Department of Energy, utilities, renewable energy developers, non-profit organizations, labor groups, or trade associations.
- Experience with transmission planning, transmission development, and federal or state electricity policy preferred.
- Superior organizational skills to manage a complex organization with multiple initiatives.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
DRiWaterstone is leading this search for ACEG. For more information and to apply, please visit: https://waterstonehc.com/driwaterstonehc/position/aceg-deputy-director/.