RE-volv Employment Opportunity
Title: Development Manager
Primary Location: San Francisco, CA
Reports To: Executive Director
Application Deadline: ASAP
RE-volv is a nonprofit based in San Francisco that empowers people to bring clean energy to their communities. We operate a revolving loan fund to bring solar energy to nonprofits in underserved communities around the country. We train volunteers, mostly college students, to run solar crowdfunding campaigns to supplement the revolving fund, to pay for the upfront costs of solar systems for schools, homeless shelters, houses of worship and other community-serving nonprofit organizations. To date, we have crowdfunded nearly half a million dollars in donations from people in 38 states for 18 solar projects in 6 states. RE-volv’s main goal is to engage as many people as possible in building the clean energy economy.
RE-volv has received numerous awards, including a Business Innovation Award from the U.S. Department of Energy’s Sunshot Initiative, is an inaugural member of the White House National Community Solar Partnership, and winner of the OpenIDEO Climate Innovation Fellowship. RE-volv receives generous support from the Leonardo DiCaprio Foundation, U.S. Department of Energy’s Sunshot Initiative, the 11th Hour Project of the Schmidt Family Foundation, and many others.
The Development Manager’s Role
RE-volv is at an exciting moment in the life of the organization. With 20 nonprofit solar leases signed in 6 states, RE-volv has proven that our model works, that there’s an enormous demand for our services, and that the opportunity to scale is massive. That’s where you come in. In order to bring solar energy to nonprofits in communities across the country, and empower millions of Americans in the process, we’re going to have to continue to grow our organizational capacity. With a proven track record and with support from leading foundations, businesses, and government agencies, we’re in an incredible position to leverage this momentum to attract significant sources of funding. Your role will be to lead the effort to raise the money we need to take our organization to the next level of impact.
This is a full time position in our San Francisco office in the Financial District. This is a high impact position, requiring creativity, independence, collaboration and initiative. Compensation includes an annual salary commensurate with experience, benefits, and generous paid time off. RE-volv also provides the last Friday of every month off for personal care, which we call RE-charge Days. REvolv allows flexible work hours and is committed to supporting a good work-life balance. Position starts as soon as possible.
• Develop and spearhead annual and long-term fundraising strategy for RE-volv
• Research grantmakers and maintain up-to-date database of potential funding sources
• Write grant proposals and letters of inquiry to foundation, government, and corporate funders
• Research potential major gift donors and manage solicitation efforts
• Work with Executive Director to develop and maintain relationships with donors and grantmakers
• Support Board of Directors in donor outreach strategy
• Work with Communications team to develop donor stewardship and communications materials
• Track and manage incoming donations; maintain donor database in Salesforce
• Schedule and organize donor cultivation events
• Manage grant reporting process
• Represent RE-volv by speaking at outreach events
• Be a collaborative member of a small team working to achieve RE-volv’s mission
Skills and Qualifications
• 5-7 Years of experience fundraising, cultivating donor relationships, and grant-writing required
• Proven track record of individually leading significant fundraising efforts
• Experience fundraising from major gift donors, foundation, government, and corporate supporters
• Experience managing donor information and grant applications in Salesforce
• Deep understanding of the climate change and clean energy funding landscape
• Extremely well-organized and good at planning and meeting deadlines over long time horizons
• Exceptional writing skills
• Comfortable presenting to large and small audiences
• Ability to self-manage deadlines and tasks
• Passion for renewable energy, mitigating climate change, and building an equitable and sustainable society
How to Apply
Please submit your resume and a brief cover letter detailing relevant experience, salary requirements, and interest in the position via email to email@example.com.
Please write “Development Manager Application” in the subject line.