Energy and Sustainability Engineer
Title: Project Engineer, Energy and Sustainability
Reports to: Senior Project Engineer, Energy and Sustainability
Workplace Type: Hybrid
We are looking for an Energy and Sustainability Engineer who is passionate about providing energy efficiency and sustainability expertise to our clients and projects. Whether you’ve had experience or looking to learn: if you are dedicated to continuous growth, we would love to hear from you!
Who We Are?
AMA Group is an industry leader in mechanical, electrical, plumbing, fire protection, information technology, audio-visual, security, acoustics, and lighting design in the corporate, financial, education. Residential and hospitality sectors. We are specialists in the media, broadcast, and sound stage campuses having a portfolio of over 1000 such completed projects.. AMA Group employs 200+ dedicated and talented professionals with 40+ licensed professional engineers and many others holding a variety of technology, energy, and sustainability-related certifications. Founded in 2000 in New York City, we’ve grown to provide a comprehensive suite of services across national offices in New York, New Jersey, California, Florida, and Texas.
The Employee Experience
At AMA, people are at the heart of everything we are and what we do. We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment where all our employees flourish, individually and as a team: employee experience at our focal point we are dedicated to ensuring employees’ development, wellness, and overall experiences are satisfying and rewarding. We offer a comprehensive and highly competitive benefits package to our team members, and provide an open, honest, and fun work environment.
As an Energy and Sustainability Engineer you will be assisting in the development and execution of sustainability practices, building and space certifications, energy and carbon modeling standards, guidelines, and applications. In your role you will learn how to:
- Perform high performance and compliance energy modeling, carbon emissions, Green Building certification Modeling (LEED, Well, Living Building Challenge, etc.)
- Grow to become a subject matter expert with ASHRAE 90.1 and Title 24 energy modeling and carbon footprint modeling
- Develop energy conservation measures and provide innovative sustainability and wellbeing solutions
- Apply green codes such as LEED, WELL, Fitwel, Living Building Challenge and Passive House; as a sustainability and wellbeing consultant
- Present professional recommendations internally within our design and construction groups, and externally with clients and outside consultants; graphically and in written form
- Maintain current working knowledge of policies and codes impacting the industry on a national level and implement internal training initiatives to keep the offices’ knowledge current
- Represent the company in professional organizations such as ASHRAE, USGBC, Regional Energy Efficiency Organizations as well as during industry events
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Sustainability, Architecture or related discipline.
- Ideally would have had some experience as an energy modeler, sustainability consultant or combination of mechanical system design and energy modeling
- If no work experience, must have ability to demonstrate technical knowledge of energy modeling, general heat transfer knowledge and sustainable strategies
- If no work experience, must have ability to demonstrate technical knowledge with energy simulation software such as IES, EnergyPlus, Energypro, Trane Trace or E-Quest
- Experience with Bluebeam, Revit, and AutoCAD (Beginner Level)
- Basic understanding of Architectural and MEP plans and data collection knowledge
- Basic knowledge of building codes such as ASHRAE 90.1, Title 24 or IECC
- Experience with LEED/WELL/Fitwel/Living Building Challenge/Passive House certification is a plus
- Highly motivated with an interest in sustainable building design, self-starter with the ability to research independently
- Energetic with proven ability to work in a deadline driven environment
- Organized and collaborative with high attention to detail
- Must be able to write a professional and technical report
- Ability to work effectively within a team and independently while managing multiple projects in our multiple offices
Our company is committed to equal employment opportunity. We will not discriminate against employees or applicants for employment on any legally-recognized basis [”protected characteristics’] including, but not limited to: race, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex (including pregnancy), gender, gender identity, gender expression, age for individuals over forty years of age, sexual orientation, military and veteran status of any person, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws.