Market Strategy Manager
Recurve is seeking a Market Strategy Manager who will be focused on growing the business by providing expertise in the development of sales collateral and project scoping, customer segmentation and targeting, market development and design, commercial strategy guidance, and will occasionally engage directly with customers. $120,000 base + 15% bonus
This role will lead or support various initiatives based on the needs of the Sales and Business Development team. This is a cross-functional, multi-disciplinary role, and the ideal candidate will be able to effectively communicate with and learn from team members from across the whole organization. The Business Development Manager will report to the VP of Sales and Business Development.
At Recurve, we are dedicated to solving clean energy grid challenges to meet climate goals. Our company is building a platform that will unlock the flow of capital into demand-side energy resources that will be critical in this endeavor, including energy efficiency, electrification, and demand response. You will be joining an organization that places a high value on interoperability, transparency, communication, and collaboration, with no black boxes. We are 100% distributed, so we welcome applicants who are self-motivated and who thrive in a remote-working environment.
In this role, you will…
- Have knowledge of demand-side management programs and think critically about optimizing program design for customer and Recurve success
- Develop customer targeting strategies and qualify new sales opportunities
- Collaborate with account teams and Recurve leadership to strategically support specific sales opportunities with customers and channel partners
- Develop the ability to self-sufficiently tell the story of Recurve’s value and innovative approach to the energy industry
- Develop the response and support solution development with respect to RFIs, RFPs, etc., or guide junior employees in this regard as necessary
- Guiding the sales team regarding program design, proposal positioning, commercial and pricing strategies, etc.
- Lead market research on competitors and industry-related trends and insights
- Manage R&D funding opportunities.
- Lead collaboration with product and policy teams from a business development perspective.
- Develop technical acumen and platform knowledge to support the business development team
- Create, communicate, maintain, and execute cross-functional account plans
- Support internal business development through creation and maintenance of pricing models, standard sales processes, CRM best practices, standard proposal documentation, etc.
- Support the Finance team in establishing contracting best practices, collaborating on payment terms, etc.
We are looking for someone who has/is:
- 5+ years professional experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Engineering, or related field
- A credible expert in energy markets and utilities, preferably in the area of demand side management, distributed energy resources, and/or digitalization
- In depth knowledge of cost-effectiveness metrics and general pay-for-performance program design for energy efficiency programs
- Creative, entrepreneurial, and ready to help a growing company scale the business
- Assertive in challenging customers’ current approach to achieving their goals
- An inquisitive mindset focused on identifying business development needs, both internally and externally
- Technical curiosity that will allow you to thrive in a cross-functional role and serve as a thought leader and early solutions consultant to clients and across Recurve teams
- Strong presentation skills and proficient in communication to large, varied audiences
- Intimately familiar with CRMs, Powerpoint, and Excel
- 7+ years professional experience
- Master’s Degree in Business Administration, Engineering, or related field
- Background or familiarity with energy regulatory environments in the United States
Recurve is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.