Marketing & Communications Manager, New England
We empower local governments to lead the clean energy transition by transforming the electricity supply. You help them communicate the benefits to their residents and businesses.
Good Energy, LP seeks candidates for the position of “Marketing & Communications Manager”, who will lead marketing and communication efforts for the Community Electricity Aggregation (CEA) programs operated by Good Energy in New England.
Also known as “municipal aggregation”, CEA programs are a powerful tool for cities and towns to decarbonize their electricity supply and combat climate change while controlling costs for their community. Good Energy runs these programs on behalf of city and town governments.
The marketing and communications activities serve to engage and educate residents and small businesses community-wide. This role requires a self-starter that is ready to seek out and implement new solutions:
- i) OUTREACH PLANS: Design and coordinate education and communications campaigns for all aspects of CEA program awareness, including CEA Plan development, CEA program launch and CEA program renewal
- ii) OUTREACH MATERIALS: Create tailored marketing materials utilizing diverse mediums - such as flyers, mailers, editorials, videos, in-person presentations, and social media - to engage and educate the diverse populations within each city or town.
- iii) WEBPAGES & ONLINE FORMS: Build and manage CEA program websites which display program offerings, renewable energy content and online forms for enrollment
- iv) CLIENT ENGAGEMENT: Engage with municipal clients to source needs for marketing and communication, as well as to propose outreach plans
- v) GOOD ENERGY BRANDING & MARKETING MATERIALS: Assist with development of Good-Energy promotional materials
This position may work remotely and out of Good Energy’s Boston office as desired. The applicant must live in Massachusetts or Rhode Island and will be expected to attend client meetings. The New England team is supported by a robust central services staff in our New York City headquarters.
This is an opportunity to work in an entrepreneurial and innovative environment, with professionals who are committed to empowering local governments to lead the clean energy transition while procuring affordable electricity for their communities.
ABOUT GOOD ENERGY
Good Energy is a leading Community Electricity Aggregation (CEA) consultant, operating programs on behalf of city or town governments. We secure competitive electricity prices that can reduce costs, provide budget stability, protect consumers and expand clean energy. Good Energy strives to position local governments at the forefront of energy innovation.
Nationwide, Good Energy operates over 200 CEA programs in five states. The New England team currently works with over 50 cities and towns in Massachusetts and Rhode Island, with over 1 million households enrolled in our programs. Good Energy pioneered the green aggregation model in Massachusetts, which is helping to accelerate the growth of clean energy in our region.
Sample CEA programs managed by Good Energy New England team:
- CEA Plan in Development: Medfield Community Electricity: electricity.medfield.net
- Active CEA Programs: Melrose Community Power: mcp.cityofmelrose.org, Brookline Green Electricity: brooklinegreen.com
EXAMPLE OF DUTIES
- i) Conduct regular meetings with municipal clients to identify new marketing communications needs, provide updates and propose new innovative strategies.
- ii) Provide guidance to municipal clients on CEA program and electricity product branding.
- iii) Develop customized, holistic public education campaigns, such as for the launch of a new CEA program and for the transition to a new electricity supplier for existing CEA programs; includes conducting public presentations (Zoom or in-person).
- iv) Identify strategies for awareness building about the CEA program, particularly with underrepresented populations (e.g. frontline communities).
- v) Harness marketing to drive participation in optional, innovative offerings, such as “opting up” into 100% clean electricity products.
- vi) Lead the drafting and completion of all marketing and communications pieces, including, if needed, leveraging Good Energy’s internal design staff. This includes copy and imagery for flyers, mailers, social media, other creative pieces and coordinating translation of such materials.
- vii) Create a CEA program website for each new client municipality, including copy and imagery, and set up and test online forms and confirmation emails; update CEA program websites for new electricity supply contracts or renewable energy regulations.
- viii) Conduct regular compliance training with client staff to educate them on latest regulatory guidance that affect CEA communication materials.
- ix) Manage CEA program participation on the Energy Switch MA shopping website.
- x) Identify metrics, evaluate and report on effectiveness of marketing efforts and campaigns.
- xi) Refine Good Energy team templates for presentations and other client-facing materials.
Local travel within MA and RI and occasional evening meetings are a responsibility for this position. This position will report to the Director of Innovation, New England.
The applicant must have all of the following:
- i) Education: Bachelor’s degree
- ii) Experience: Minimum three (3) years work experience in marketing or communications
- iii) Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Creative and entrepreneurial mindset
- Demonstrated knowledge of marketing and communication fundamentals
- Experience building or managing websites using website builders (i.e. no coding)
- Experience using online form builders
- Graphic design skills
- Ability to develop strategic campaign timelines and objectives
- Excellent oral, narrative and public presentation skills
- Client management or client engagement experience
The following qualities are preferred:
- i) Experience with existing internal marketing tools
- WordPress website builder
- WP Forms
- Adobe Illustrator experience (or other graphic design software)
- ii) Conversational or fluent in Spanish; other languages also helpful
- iii) Passion for combating climate change and having a positive impact in communities
- iv) Experience with local government
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
This is a full-time, salaried position. Salary range is expected at $65,000 to $80,000 and will be commensurate with experience. Good Energy offers competitive benefits as described below.
- i) Health Insurance to include Dental and Vision Plans
- ii) Flexible Spending Accounts for health care costs
- iii) Transit Benefits accounts for public transit and parking costs
- iv) Retirement savings plans (401(k))
- v) Paid holidays
- vi) Competitive Paid Time Off (PTO) - Personal, Sick, Vacation, etc
HOW TO APPLY
Please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com w/ subject "Marketing & Communications Manager"