Senior Analyst, Energy Transition
This position can be either hybrid or remote, with a preference for candidates based on the East Coast.
Energy Transition Overview
The goal of EDF’s Energy Transition Team is to bend the curve on global greenhouse gas emissions from fossil fuel production and use by 2030, cleanly and equitably. We will achieve this through a defined set of strategies targeted at 1) reducing emissions from fossil fuel production, delivery, and use, and 2) reducing demand for fossil fuels in power generation, transportation, buildings, and industry. To achieve this goal, we seek reforms in law, regulation, and/or business practice through a mix of strategic corporate partnerships, direct engagement with policymakers, and mobilizing investor and public sentiment in favor of change. In formulating and achieving our strategies, we will work in close collaboration with EDF regions, draw on cutting-edge science and rigorous economic and financial analysis, and act on principles of diversity, equity, and inclusion to develop durable solutions.
The Senior Analyst, Energy Transition works with the Energy Transition team to conduct rigorous scientific and technical research and analysis as the foundation for Energy Transition advocacy. In collaboration with EDF’s science, analytics, policy teams, and others the Senior Analyst will lead research and analysis, where applicable, that advances the development and execution of projects, as well as managing specific tasks and projects independently. Specifically, this position will be responsible for employing data science analytics and intelligent analytical design to effectively address the needs of our state and federal campaigns. The Senior Analyst reports to the Director, Research & Analytics.
- Conduct research and analysis, such as emissions inventory development and policy impact modeling, necessary to engage key external stakeholders in support of our regulatory campaigns across North America.
- Leverage existing means and develop and apply appropriate new means for measuring the success of our campaigns, including progress toward emissions reductions goals.
- Serve as the technical lead regarding the compilation and presentation of research and analytical material at EDF meetings, external events, etc., when appropriate, in alignment with identified strategies and objectives to inform current projects and initiatives.
- Conduct environmental, business, and market research and analysis to be used in support of existing projects and for the evaluation of new project ideas.
- Participate in advancing EDF DEI goals in which people from all backgrounds and experiences feel connected, included, and empowered to address the environmental and organizational challenges in alignment with EDF values.
- Manage specific project tasks such as conducting outreach to potential partners, developing work plans and timetables, identifying, and procuring necessary data and/or analytical resources, and managing project work and deliverables.
- Communicate relevant research and analysis metrics as well as updates on and results of various project goals to EDF staff, companies, policymakers, environmental groups, the media, the public, and other relevant stakeholders through comprehensive reports, interviews, presentations, and other methods.
- Support the development and execution of analytics and project initiatives to address our methane advocacy needs in alignment with Energy Transition and EDF strategies.
- Additional relevant responsibilities as assigned.
- 4+ years of related experience and a bachelor’s degree required. A master’s degree in economics, environmental science, or other field with strong quantitative methods and at least 2 years relevant professional experience on applied environmental policy issues may substitute.
- Excellent research, writing, verbal, and presentation skills.
- Detail-oriented and strong analytical abilities.
- Demonstrated ability in problem-solving and effectively managing project tasks.
- Solid organizational and problem-solving skills with the ability to multitask and be flexible under pressure with changing priorities and perform well in a fast-paced team environment.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work productively and independently as well as collaboratively with a team across multiple time zones.
- Demonstrated self-awareness, cultural competency and inclusivity, and ability to work with colleagues and stakeholders across diverse cultures and backgrounds.
- Proficiency in at least one of the following: coding/programming skills (e.g., R or Python), experience with geo-spatial analysis using ArcGIS, or advanced knowledge of Excel required.
- Experience with a database software is preferred.
- Proficiency in statistical analysis and/or air dispersion modeling is preferred.
- Ability to travel (up to 5%-10% of the time), as needed.
We offer a strong total rewards package encompassing competitive salary, robust benefits, and professional development opportunities consistent with a modern global organization. We take into account factors such as candidate experience, skills, training, internal team equity and local norms.
Please note that pay ranges are country specific. As a result, the stated currency is not meant be converted into any other currency.
Please submit your Resume and Cover Letter on our careers site.