Utility Programs and Incentives Manager
If you're looking for a strategic leadership role in energy efficiency, I want to talk to you!
The ideal candidate is collaborative, energetic, and has experience in energy efficiency, leadership, and strategy or business development.
Must have solid communication skills, people skills, math skills, and an understanding of energy-savings technologies.
Should be comfortable leading and developing employees, performing energy calculations, and collaborating with energy, facilities, and construction teams.
Proven experience working with incentives, rebates, energy efficiency loans, and/or grid operator capacity rewards programs is a major plus.
The hiring company is a full-service firm that implements turnkey energy efficiency retrofits, driven by performing free energy audits supporting NYC’s local law 97. From the audits, in-house engineers propose energy conservation measures, estimated project costs, and available incentive estimates. If the customer decides to move forward, one of the firm's companies will install and manage the project.
The company’s thesis is: the more rebates and incentives that are available for a project, the more likely it is to move forward.
The Utility Programs and Incentives Manager will lead a team of rebate administrators, spearhead the development of an incentives and rebates database, and work closely with the Head of Sales to incorporate incentives and rebates into the larger business strategy.
This role reports to the Co-Presidents of the company.
Roles & Responsibilities:
Identify available energy efficiency incentive, rebate, and other funding programs offered at the Federal, state, local, ISO and utility levels.
- Build out an extensive database of programs, payouts, eligibility, and participation requirements in a given jurisdiction - starting with the NY Metro area
- Navigate custom incentive programs and include in the database
Identify and pursue incentives, rebates, and other funding retroactively for work that the company is already are doing
Collaborate with Head of Sales to develop a strategy for integrating incentives, rebates, and other funding opportunities into every facet of the business
- Low-hanging fruit that can quickly maximize profits
- Strategic equipment specification, target project types, and target areas to focus on that will maximize available funding to increase company’s competitiveness
Centralize rebate management for all business entities
- Lead a team of rebate coordinators, who manage the application process
- Develop and grow the team, as needed
- Support rebate coordinators with applications, as needed
Educate pertinent staff (auditors, engineers, contractors, etc.) on incentive, rebate, and other programs
- Collaborate with these team members on strategies for maximizing the financial assistance our clients receive from these programs
Build the incentive, rebate, and other energy efficiency funding strategies beyond company’s existing business to create a new revenue stream
- Be the trusted advisor both internally and externally
- Expand on existing business/relationships into new markets and projects
- Utilize incentive and rebate relationships to generate new construction leads
- Manage incentives, rebates, and funding applications, even when company isn’t performing construction
Develop strategic, mutually-beneficial, relationships with key personnel at each incentive, rebate, and funding program. Starting with the following priority programs:
- ConEd & NYSERDA incentive and rebate programs
- Other NY & New England incentive and rebate programs
- CLEAResult, ICF, Willdan, NYCEEC, and other program administrators
- ISO & RTO regional grid operator capacity rewards programs
- PACE lenders
- NYSERDA Greenbank
- Institutional Lenders
- NYC Accelerator / Urban Green Council
- Other federal, state, and local energy conservation funding programs