Communications and Marketing Assistant
About CalCCA: The California Community Choice Association (CalCCA) is a non-profit trade association representing Community Choice Aggregators (CCAs). CalCCA’s mission is to create a legislative and regulatory environment that supports the development and long-term sustainability of locally run Community Choice Aggregation (CCA) electricity providers in California. We serve our members and strengthen our collective voice through education, technical guidance, and regulatory and legislative advocacy.
History: CalCCA was launched in 2016 by the first six Community Choice Aggregators (CCAs) in California: CleanPowerSF, Lancaster Choice Energy, MCE, Peninsula Clean Energy, Silicon Valley Clean Energy, and Sonoma Clean Power. Today, our membership includes 24 CCAs operating in California as well as several emerging CCA communities. Our members are successfully and reliably serving upwards of 14 million customers in more than 200 towns, cities, and counties in California- and those numbers are set to grow as more communities move ahead with CCA.
The Position: Under the direction of the Director of Communications, Marketing, and Engagement, the Communications and Marketing Assistant provides support for CalCCA communications, marketing, events, and programs. The role requires the ability to work independently on projects and tasks in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Develop content for CalCCA publications, website, informational materials, and social media channels
- Assist with planning and implementation for multiple events, workshops and conferences throughout the year
- Respond to inquiries/requests from CalCCA members, public and other key groups
- Maintain and verify accuracy of website content and other information resources, ensuring they remain current
- Update and maintain internal databases of contacts, content and communications assets
- Project manage communications and marketing projects from inception to completion, keeping team informed and up to date
- Schedule meetings and conference calls
- Attend meetings, take notes, and record follow-up items
- Other duties as assigned
- Excellent writing, synthesizing, editing, and proofreading abilities
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to turn complex information into accessible and engaging content
- Ability to manage multiple priorities proactively without prompting
- Ability to meet deadlines and adjust to unexpected tasks
- Ability to learn new IT and online systems quickly
- Strong interest in and passion for contributing to the success of CCA
- Excellent interpersonal, relationship-building skills
- Ability to lead efforts with passion, integrity, and a positive attitude
- Represent CalCCA in a professional way to internal and external stakeholders
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, marketing, journalism, English, liberal arts, or related field
- At least two years of demonstrated experience related to job description
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite
Desired Skills & Experience
- Experience creating and scheduling posts for social media channels such as LinkedIn and X
- Proficiency in WordPress and Adobe Creative Cloud Suite (especially Illustrator and InDesign)
- Experience with CRM and MailChimp
- Experience with elevating digital presence via SEO
- Understanding of community choice and the role of CCAs in California’s energy landscape
Compensation, Benefits & Location:
Compensation for this position is $70,000 - $95,000. A monthly benefits stipend is provided to be applied to
the CalCCA health, dental, and vision package. Additional benefits include an employer 401k contribution,
monthly cell phone and internet reimbursement, long-term disability and life insurance coverage, a generous
paid time off package, and more!
The successful candidate will work from a home office in the San Francisco Bay Area but be available to travel
regularly for work assignments, including working from the Concord and/or Sacramento offices.
Culture & Diversity
At CalCCA, we strive to create a culture that encourages open communication, divergent thinking, continuous improvement, and personal responsibility. As a small organization, trust, collaboration, and mission alignment are integral to our success. We are committed to providing an inclusive, empowering, and supportive work environment and welcome people from different backgrounds, opinions, and experiences. We strictly prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type with regards to race, color, religion, age, gender identity or expression, sex, sexual-orientation, national origin, disability status, genetics, or any other characteristics, protected under law or otherwise.
The position is open until filled. To be considered for this position, please submit a formal cover letter and detailed resume in pdf format to: Martha Serianz, email@example.com, and include “Communications and Marketing Assistant” in the email subject line and your first and last name at the beginning of both the resume and cover letter file names. Please also note in your email where you saw the job posting. Resumes will be screened in relation to the criteria outlined in the job description. Candidates deemed to have relevant qualifications will be contacted.
Our mission is to create a legislative and regulatory environment that supports the development and long-term sustainability of locally run Community Choice Aggregators (CCAs) in California. We serve our members and strengthen our collective
voice through education, technical guidance, and regulatory and legislative advocacy.